Notices

Hi there,
I've been looking for a tabata clock / interval timer application. I tried searching the forums and downloads, but wasn't able to find anything even similar to what i'm after.

My workout routine is based on the tabata protocol.
I have around 6 different exercises, and for each i do 8 rounds of 20seconds exercise, with 10 seconds rest between. And 1min rest between the different exercises.

I know it's a big ask, especially when i wouldn't be able to contribute to any of the coding - only ideas for masses of features , but would anyone be able to, or be interested in making a customisable countdown timer/clock for this sort of thing? It would be very beneficial to a lot of people, i imagine.

Ideally there'd beeps for the starting and stopping of exercises/rest (maybe even customisable sounds), an on-screen countdown so you know how long you have left, and perhaps it displaying which exercise you're currently doing, and which one is next, etc.

I would very much appreciate it if someone took up this project, of if someone lets me know about any similar applications which already exist!

The Following User Says Thank You to gr1mr34p3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
Dude I've been looking for this also.

Also I have been looking for a project to do while learning QT.

So one plus one and I think I am going to do a flexible interval timer with QT. Multiple intervals and different times per interval etc should be possible. Tomorrow when I wake up launching QT creator and starting this project. We will see how long it takes.

Offcourse help and ideas appreciated.