Active Topics

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Pichlo, do you have experiences with that one?
(and we do not know if sailfish will support that. or do we from phone?)
I have experience with it.

Not recommended.
Very poor build quality, worse than those dreaded netbooks.

Drivers are not provided.
But its a generic input/interface.... so it's possible.
More likely than not it will pair with Jolla tablet and some/most keys will work.

But again, poor product, waste of time/money.

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Yes, I have some experience with it. I used it with a 7" el-cheapo Android tablet. It connects to the tablet by USB, which is a bonus as I have never ever managed to get any Bluetooth device work with anything. Ever.

The disadvantage is that the USB cable sticks out of the side of the tablet and out of the fake leather case, so if you want to shut the case and put it in a bag, you better pull the USB cable out.

Being cheap, there are some quite predictable build issues. It is surprisingly thick. Folded with the tablet inside, it tripples the thickness of the tablet. It has a kick stand which is nice but it is quite stiff out of the box and may need a few weeks to soften up.

The case holds the tablet by three clips: two at the bottom, one at the top. Depending on the tablet model, these may or may not get in the way of buttons, ports etc. The clips do not hold very well, the tablet slides out quite easily, but I do not think it's something that a rubber band or two could not fix. I know it craps the style but, at that price, what style?

Function-wise, I have not found any issues. As Kangal says, no drivers but generic enough to just work out of the box. My tablet ran Android 2.2 and it worked fine.

I cannot vouch for longevity as I stopped using that tablet very soon; in fact it was the accidental purchase of my first N900 that obsoleted both the tablet and the keyboard. So I used it only for a few days. But I still have it in a drawer somewhere so I can dig it up for you and find out what it looks like after all those years.

I would say, probably not really suitable for turning your tablet into a laptop and carrying around like that permanently, but good enough for plugging in from time to time and briefly bashing something on the keybard. And for the price of less than two beers, who really cares?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
(and we do not know if sailfish will support that. or do we from phone?)
Sailfish already supports bluetooth keyboards - my HP Touchpad keyboard works fine with it (even selecting text via Shift+arrows).
There's still the problem with non-hiding virtual keyboard but it seems like Kimmo has already solved it for TOHKBDv2.

EDIT: Didn't notice it's a USB one, thanks for the heads up, peterleinchen.

Last edited by nodevel; 2014-11-28 at 21:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Sailfish already supports bluetooth keyboards - ...
Yes, but this one is an USB connected one.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature