Active Topics

Hi,

I was interested in trying Exult (Ultima 7 recreation for modern platforms) on my N9. It needs character's name input brefore actually starting the game and there is no form of virtual keyboard input implemented. For that reason I bought a bluetooth keyboard.
With the keyboard I'm able to input the name, but it seems that when I start writing on the keyboard it deactivates touch input inside the app so I can't then click the Journey Onward button to actually start the game. System gestures and any other app I start afterwards work normally.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov
I often use an external BT keyboard, but she never Disables touch screen.
can be be something with your game?

what exactly do you have installed?
You can experiment ...

The Following User Says Thank You to Alexxxl For This Useful Post:
Thank you.

I hope to test it extensively tonight and see what I can find out. But you are right - the Exult binary is barely an alpha version so there will probably be bugs.

Last edited by koshman; 2014-11-27 at 16:34.

Interesting - I just tested the issue properly at home. It is actually not the keyboard that is the problem here - as soon as the game displays the screen with a text input field (character name) any clicking/touching anywhere inside the app isn't registering. So I can write in the name, but that's about as far as I can get.

Another thing I noticed about the keyboard is that it doesn't allow me to input any system keys - I can write characters, Caps Lock works and Alt is registered as # character, but Enter, Space, Del, Backspace etc. - none of that works. Is that normal or an issue related to this specific keyboard? It severely limits its usability. And maybe just maybe if Enter worked I would be able to get into Exult as well.

Btw I'm using btdial utility to connect the keyboard. I haven't paired it through the system Bluetooth settings if that matters.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov
I connected the keyboard and utility and without itility (simply by setting bluetooth)
In both cases, the keyboard behaved adequately similar.
all keys practiced since and should .. Entr, space, bsclspace .. all of him .