Active Topics

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Can someone please point me to the definitive N900 flashing guide..

Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited by macey; 2012-06-02 at 11:59.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware
All wiki info is at wiki.maemo.org

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
please use search function before creating a thread. there are countless threads in forum for flashing.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
please use search function before creating a thread. there are countless threads in forum for flashing.
I appreciate that but, I did search, found plenty of threads but note, I said "definitive".

This site is full of self-appointed police....

Thanks for the helpful reply.

ok. give a look at this page. i use THIS guide for flashing my phone. and if you use Win XP SP2 be sure to install SP3 before flashing as there are some driver issues with SP2.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by macey View Post
I appreciate that but, I did search, found plenty of threads but note, I said "definitive".

This site is full of self-appointed police....

Thanks for the helpful reply.

Your reply proves panjoori's point exactly. Thanks for illustrating that. Just yesterday, I posted a reply in a thread about this topic, called "TMO lack of tolerance".

To quote myself:

So, let me ask it this way: Who do we actually help, by allowing 100 threads with the same questions to be started over and over?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...54#post1211854

One thing is certain: No one was helped because you have not learnt how to use search and wiki's, the community is not helped because now we have another thread with the same old question again, and yet you failed to mention the word "definitive" in the title, so in the future your thread will be just one of thousand popping up on a search.

So, you think it's justified to call people who ask you to use search and not start a new thread "self appointed police"?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
ok. give a look at this page. i use THIS guide for flashing my phone. and if you use Win XP SP2 be sure to install SP3 before flashing as there are some driver issues with SP2.
Thanks, i run Ubuntu, any issues there?

Originally Posted by macey View Post
Thanks, i run Ubuntu, any issues there?
dont know about ubuntu as i never used. this guide is for windows. for ubuntu check wiki. there will be no issues with ubuntu if you do it correctly.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...firmware#Linux
Really?... Just read the wiki! It's all in there.
People are getting tired of the same question asked hundreds of times spread all over the forum. Don't take offence to being told that.
Just be greatful the community answered your question, I feel most people would ignore these posts due to above.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post: