Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by naninenu View Post
Dont think so.. Most users have had problems. seems like its expecting everything to be in /opt/qtlockscreen folder or something
ya something is seriously messed up cause now i loaded harmattan concept one to see whats going on and that too doesn't show day and date either. Day and Date seems to be the only thing, debug mode shows everything else working fine

Last edited by niqbal; 2011-09-11 at 18:56.

Sakya,

Is it possible to add calendar/tasks widget also into your Qtlockscreen???

Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
I just installed QtLockscreen Configurator and the latest QtLockscreen and now all of the themes are messed up. are you sure latest qtlockscreen app is backwards compatible?

e.g. in Absolut Vodka lockscreen, it doesn't show day and date. Thats a bit surprising because i don't think there is any DateTime Widget code changes, are there?
Seems like the new code has a same problem.
Seems like its expecting TimeFormat to be a value evry time.
I had separate widget to display time and date seperately.
So my time widget was working fine but my date widget wasnt
so i added the value TimeFormat=" " (added space instead of leaving null) and it worked. try it out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naninenu For This Useful Post:
Seems like the new code has a same problem.
I had separate widget to display time and date seperately.
So my time widget was working fine but my date widget wasnt
so i added the value TimeFormat=" " (added space instead of leaving null) and it worked. try it out.
absolutely right. So there is some code change in DateTime widget, lol well now i'll fix it for now but i won't upload. i will just wait for sakya to fix it

Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
absolutely right. So there is some code change in DateTime widget, lol well now i'll fix it for now but i won't upload. i will just wait for sakya to fix it
I just uploaded mine. The fact that the transparent screen thing (i desperately wanted it) doesnt work haunts me.

Trying to find a script that can do this but seems like its tough
gconftool gives u the active desktop and the backgrnd image but not the screenshot. i googled and found something which is qt code.
Will have to talk to sakya and see if it can be used somewhere for now.

I just uploaded mine. The fact that the transparent screen thing (i desperately wanted it) doesnt work haunts me.

Trying to find a script that can do this but seems like its tough
gconftool gives u the active desktop and the backgrnd image but not the screenshot. i googled and found something which is qt code.
Will have to talk to sakya and see if it can be used somewhere for now.
well i also realized Rect Widget x and y settings in debug mode are not the same in actual lockscreen. it renders fine in debug mode but in actual use, its pushed down a few pixels

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Oh, yes, I din't think about themes that used separate widget to display date and time.
Tomorrow (probably) I'll fix this and relaese an aupdated version to fix this.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
i have noticed one thing more with the transparent background , dont know if the transparent background supposed to be this way or not .
while sliding the image to unlock i see the theme's background not the one i am having on my desktop and it also take a pause before unlocking .
like if i slide the image to unlock it takes few seconds first to show theme's background and then it unlocks .

edit : it shows my desktop but under the theme's background.
like first my slider image then under it the themes image and then under it my desktop :$

look at this

number 1 is my slider image
number 2 is theme's background/desktop image
number 3 are the queen beecon widgets i am using on my desktop

Originally Posted by eefo View Post
i have noticed one thing more with the transparent background , dont know if the transparent background supposed to be this way or not .
while sliding the image to unlock i see the theme's background not the one i am having on my desktop and it also take a pause before unlocking .
like if i slide the image to unlock it takes few seconds first to show theme's background and then it unlocks .

edit : it shows my desktop but under the theme's background.
like first my slider image then under it the themes image and then under it my desktop :$

look at this

number 1 is my slider image
number 2 is theme's background/desktop image
number 3 are the queen beecon widgets i am using on my desktop
Am a little but confused.
Are you saying when you scroll from left to right, you can see your desktop in the background and not default lockscreen from usr/share/themes/alpha/backgrounds/ ???

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Uploaded now version 0.1.13

Changelog:
* Added settings RotationP and RotationL to rotate widgets.
* Fixed weatherwidget.sh (naninenu)
* Fixed: bug on dateTime widget when only dateFormat is set (introduced in 0.1.12)

@eefo:
It's normal to see the qtlockscreen theme background, I see no problem.
For the part "3" (a portion of your dekstop if I understand): is your theme background smaller than 800x480 or does it have a transparent portion?
Did you take the screenshot running qtlockscreen in debug mode?
Else there's no way you can see the desktop because qtlockscreen is drawn over the stock lockscreen.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post: