Hi
My battery was doing reasonable, I got more than I day out of it I think, but for some reason itīs less now
I have a lot of powersaving options (Wifi switcher, less bright screen, 3 desktops, bluetooth out, no connecting widgets I think,...)

I installed batterygraph and I noticed something strange (but Iīm not an expert)...I charged it at night and when I took it off the charger around 6 am, it went to 75% in 3 hours, and now two hours later its 68% and all I used was batterygraph and my alarmclock (with some snoozing I must admitt)
In the cpu I donīt see any spikes during those 3 hours! So is it the battery? I bought the phone two weeks ago...

(the first spike is starting batterygraph, putting the alarmclock, and then charging it...then little spikes during sleeping...I woke up shortly at 6am and disconnected charger, nothing else...and then woke up with the alarm clock at 8u30-9am and checked on battery graph)
Attached Images

Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
how did you discover this?
From a thread on this forum, so I removed/uninstalled catorize on MY N900 and it MADE a HUGE difference in battery run-time. You will see it, I GUARANTEE it.

My N800: OS2008, Fanoush's initfs, SanDisk 4Gig x 2 SDHC, BoxWave FlexSkin and Sync Charger, Homebrew External Power Pack (4xAA NiMH Rechargeable 2400 mA)

Greetings from Sunny San Diego, California!

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
With 3G data connection, but otherwise idle (just checking mail every 15m) battery is dead in 4 hours or so. With wifi instead of 3G data connection phone lasts about 10-12 hours.

That would indicate that it's not idle at all.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Here are 4 general suggestions that will help alot:

1) Use GSM whenever you can - 3G is a battery killer
2) Minimize the amount of auto-update widgets/apps
3) Set brightness to 2
4) Overclock/undervolt

Assuming you are not doing any activities that require the screen to be on for a long period of time (browsing, gaming, watching videos) you should have NO problem getting through the day.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
about 2-3 days.. but i seldom wait that long until i charge.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Damn...I took off catorize and I allready see a big difference on my batterygraph...but now my icons look much less nice and I donīt have those handy catogories in my menu...

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Richmond, VA
...before the swappolube scripts and the modified hildon-desktop that fixes the catorise cpu leak, I would probably get between 5-7 hours after a full charge, it was horrible, made me strongly dislike this device and made it almost unusable and unreliable, however the community is saving this device with those improvements I am able to easily get 2 days out of my battery, its unbelieveable how this device is just now starting to "perform" like it should. now lets get some actual apps nokia.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
my battery could possibly last up to 2.5 days with extreme light usage, 24 hours with normal usage, and 7 hours probably with heavy usage