Active Topics

I've got a FONIC sim card with a day flat in my laptop right now, and I can safely say that HSDPA on the O2 network absolutely FLIES. Thinking about getting a Tchibo (think it was about 10€ for 1GB) prepaid card for the N900, because they use the O2 network as well...

-edit- Looks like I remembered wrong... it's 500MB for 10€

Last edited by bemymonkey; 2009-11-12 at 08:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to bemymonkey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by brog View Post
3. I was able to get a much better price at Vodafone:
For 29,95€ per month they offered me:
Unlimited calls to Vodafone + German landline
Unlimited texts to Vodafone
Unlimited calls (for 12 months) to a german provider of my choice
UMTS Flatrate 5gb (after hitting 5gb -> GPRS)
40 texts to any provider

+ They do not care if you use skype and/or tethering with your mobile phone. Friend of mine uses skype all day and didn't receive anything asking him for some extra money due to the usage of voip.
Brog, could you please tell me where they told you about that option? Any time I asked for a 5GB Flat with tethering, I was told that it will not be possible. The only way I saw was to get the mobile Connect Flat (5GB -> GPRS with 34,95€/month) together with my SuperFlat (29,95€ Flat to landline and Vodafone + 12month Flat to a second mobile-Network) and asking about combining those two on one sim-Card is (according to the sales-people on the phone or in a shop) not possible.

So please tell me: where did you find that offer (espacially with tethering allowed!)

I had blau.de suggested to me -

http://www.blau.de/tarife/einheitstarif.html

I attempted to sign up, but my card was rejected, so I'll have to go down to the bank and see what's up with that.

Of course, the problem for me is I speak no German at all, so sadly, I'm a fish out of water with all this.

Any advice from anyone that finds a good pre-paid data plan would be nice! (Leaving before a year is over, most likely, and so I don't want to be stuck in a contract.)