Posts: 123 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ South Bend, Indiana
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I think there definitely will be a wimax accesory for the normal n810 also. Say what?
Keep trying. It's almost working!!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
Has this actually been officially confirmed?
I think tableteer can be considered official.

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
That is just bait for texrat!!
Ain't taking it! I smell poison!

Seriously, listen to krisse. The guy seems sharp.

Ok, there's no official announcement yet but Nokia has again let the cat out of the bag a bit too early -- four days too early to be exact as we can probably guess that the new Nokia N810 Internet Tablet - WiMAX Edition will be announced at CTIA at Las Vegas on April 1. Eagle eyed itT member and owner of Internet Tablet School, Krisse found the new image and link (that is not yet active) over at the Nokia Tableteer site. Judging from the image, it looks like it's an N810 copy but in black brushed aluminum, rather than blue. The previously reported BestBuy Nokia ad perhaps shows how the N810 - WiMAX Edition will actually look. No wonder they made a mistake... they're both &quot;N810's.&quot; I will be at CTIA on April 1 (only) to cover what ever Internet Tablet news transpire. Stay tuned.
Read the full article.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Nokia Internet Tablet Generations:
770: Great 1st gen. device with an RS-MMC (SDHC compatible, w/ s/w upgrade) slot.
N800: Gave us a second (full-SD) slot and full-sized the external one.
...But they stole my screen-cover!!! and wrecked the external buttons!
N810: Gave us GPS and daylight-readable screen, and tippy-tap keyboard.
...But they stole one of my SD slots, and shrunk the other!! And hid my d-pad!
N810 WiMAX edition: Gave us ubiquitous-in-certain-select-square-miles broadband!
...But they took the tippy-tap keyboard back, and stole my d-pad with it!!!!!!! (Check the picture -- no keyboard or d-pad visible )

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
...But they took the tippy-tap keyboard back, and stole my d-pad with it!!!!!!! (Check the picture -- no keyboard or d-pad visible )
Yeah, I saw some sites speculating about this too.

I am 99.99999999999999999999999999999% certain the keyboard's there but closed, partly because they wouldn't call it the N810 if they'd removed the keyboard, and partly because we saw this tablet before on that "best buy" advert and it had the keyboard open.

Also, from what I understand the wimax hardware isn't that big, it's basically just another chip isn't it? They wouldn't be talking about putting it in phones if it was as big as a keyboard.

Last edited by krisse; 2008-03-28 at 21:31.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Also if they took the d-pad and no d-pad is visible, then what - stylus gestures?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
Yeah, I saw some sites speculating about this too.
lol?

Remember the pics of it open with the orange backlit keyboard?

Nice edit.

Oh, great, go on and ruin it! I was trying to get all the I-hate-physical-switches Apple nuts on board...

Yes, FWIW, I'm positive it has the keyboard. Why it's closed? Probably some marketing dude didn't think things were artistically balanced.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Philadelphia
Please Nokia add Centrino Atom processors to the N810 and wimax version!

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
but seriously. It has almost been two years since there was a hardware upgrade( i mean cpu/ram) and we still dont have any changes!
Nokia if you dont act now this class of devices will be lost forever. We all know how imortant it is to ramp up the processor in the internet tablets. WIth the Mid's coming soon.... they will just blow the internet tablets.
Please we need a proper hardware upgrade