Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
uups, I misunderstood him. Sorry, I cant't do it indeed

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Telescope 2.0~rc1 (extras-devel)
angun33 did the great job creating the Android-style Application Launcher on the base of Telescope.

Now we are proud to release first release candidate of Telescope 2.0 which now not only can switch running applications, but also to start apps using sleek fullscreen menu with app icons!

In the current version application launcher can be called by pressing F5 (Home key) twice. Additional package with statusbar & navigator applets will be released soon.

Looking forward for you bugreports, comments and suggestions for improvement!
Attached Images

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Sorry. Me = N00b. But, how do I install the new release candidate? I'm fairly sure I have extras Devel enabled. But I can only the old one.

I don't know why, but new release was not uploaded into extras-devel, although it was successfully built by autobuilder several hours ago

I will try to resolve the issue and will make you know when release become available

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
It seems that there is some technical issue with autobuilder and extras devel: no package, sent to autobuilder yesterday and today had reached extras-devel. I sent request to garage support, but today is sunday, so i don't think it will be resolved today.

So, i built the release manually and uploaded to our garage page. You can install it from there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
The new version works great, upgrade went smoothly, though I did remove Telescope and Launcher manually to be safe before installing the new one.

I do miss the statusbar icon for the launcher, will it be added back into a later release?

Thanks!

Sure, statusbar and navigator icons will be released in standalone package named telescope-applet

works very nice here as well, thanks.

could it be that the autobuild system is not happy with the ~ in the filename?

I don't think so, because there are already packages in extras with tilde, for example, browser-switchboard, mnemosyne and others.
As i know, ~ is only way to make version numbers for release condidates (in order to '2.0' version to be greater than '2.0~rc1')

Updated to 2.0rc1
I didn't uninstall anything before. All works well and snappy. Already had the telescope applet and the update did not remove the launcher-launcher from the sb. Love it this way !