Notices

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Those thing only used in a few listed cities on the Wikipedia though. And Big cities won't use it, because big cities would have endless amount of Wireless frequencies broadcasting none stopped.

And I see your point here though it is not about disturbing the other frequencies in the area you living in. The frequency you are broadcasting in your ard will only limited by the amount of amplifier you've got. If the car is sealed then there is less signal leaking out which will be too weak to reach more than 1-2m when the car is closed. Even in the car the frequency from the N900 FM transmitter can barely reached out to the 0.5m stereo. I had to do a few modification to my car stereo to receive a good signal

But it is great that you bring it up so we all know the consequences if anyone abusing the power in their hand.
You obviously have no idea what are you talking about.
System i linked there is old and not used any more ( but article describes nicely how it is working) , now all bigger cities have similar systems just for purpose of tracking illegal transmitters ( usually high powered ones, but can easily track very low power as well ) )

And being able to receive useful signal from 0.5m doesn't mean you will create interferences 0.5m from you - especially in metal car that can bounce waves, you can interfere with signal a lot further

Last edited by jacekowski; 2010-08-21 at 18:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to jacekowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Suffolk
Originally Posted by m0da View Post
have you installed fmtx faker? may help
on first run, it will "patch" your fmtxd.
I did and it didn't help.

Originally Posted by ed00 View Post
Seems to be working. But the only problem is that doesn't want to turn off and giving that message Unable to use FM transmitter and its happening only when using bellow frequency 87.5 Mhz (in my case). The only way i can turn it off is by FMTX widget. Which is ok for me as long as it works and power_level still at 120 without fmBooster.
Yes same for me, but I am now happy using the widget to toggle it on and off and power level seems fine.

FM transmitting + Bluetooth headset is working together nicely, when you recieving a call it will switch back to bluetooth headset and once you've ended the call then it will redirect back to FM Transmitter.

This is a GO GO not NO GO! Safety comes first my friend.
Which BT headset are you using? When i paired some SonyEricsson headset, the music was also transferred to bt headset all the time.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i am using a nokia bh-903 and the included wired one.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
awesome thread!

hey i cant seem to find the fm faker application!
i had it installed already but i thot it would work after i reinstall it.
i ended up not finding it in the application manager!
help please!
it says
cannot launch daemon, file not found or permission invalid.

help!!
edit : found it !
sorry, i kinda flipped when my fm transmitter didnt work :$
sorry !

Last edited by mangal_sk8erboy; 2010-08-22 at 20:55.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
is it possible to have say: 3 desktop icons that trigger 3 different predefined frequencies?

My thinking is that if suddenly whilst driving the current frequency becomes umusable then we could quickly change to a different frequency easily without having to go into settings to do so.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
is it possible to have say: 3 desktop icons that trigger 3 different predefined frequencies?

My thinking is that if suddenly whilst driving the current frequency becomes umusable then we could quickly change to a different frequency easily without having to go into settings to do so.
would certainly seem plausable if someone could write the command to copy/paste into queenbee and just change the part with the station settings.

You've done something wrong. Too many overwrite was done and it might confused the hell out of the FM Transmitter kernel.

Here is a solution for you: Try this first.
Uninstall FM - Faker
sudo gainroot
reboot

open Xterminal:
sudo gainroot
killall fmtxd
fmtxd -d

keep trying:

killall fmtxd
fmtxd -d

Then go to FM Transmitter and enable a frequency, click save. And quickly go to Xterminal and run the command again.

Re-install FM-Faker
Arrrrrggghhhhhh.....by mistake i deleted the usr/sbin folder.....what should i do now......helpppp plssssss.......

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by meer_alyy14 View Post
Arrrrrggghhhhhh.....by mistake i deleted the usr/sbin folder.....what should i do now......helpppp plssssss.......
Game Over!

I believe a reflash would be the least complicated...

...but thanks for reminding me to back-up my own dang device.

SLN member # 009

Tags
fm transmitter, freedom fm