Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
One thing to report, Xkbd has now gone psycho on me.

It should look like this.

I've never once had a problem with this.

Also, I have a key to where it kills the keyboard and brings it back up one second later.

Anyway, sometimes there will be like 3 keyboards stacked on the screen and that white area grows out of control as well.

I can post another picture of this if it will help any.

I couldn't get it to do three keyboards again but here it is doing two of them.

Really weird.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Originally Posted by Addison View Post

First of all... sorry the off-topic.

But, hey Addison!! By the Lord's love... where do you get this permissions window on emelfm2???

I'll give you a french kiss by the information!

Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Straycat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
One thing to report, Xkbd has now gone psycho on me.
Probably related to the 4k difference in size of binaries. I need to figure out what hasn't been compiled into it, the --help option shows they both have the same compile time options.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Look at debian/rules (--enable-alt-input-wins --disable-xrm --enable-xsync --enable-frameanimation).
I didn't even see that debian directory, that will sure make it easier to produce a package!

I have recompiled the binary with frame animations, xsync and alt input wins. Binary size grew by 500 bytes, still 3.5k short of the normal binary size. This does seem to fix the OSK appearing when swiping down.

Just move the file over the top of the old swipe file and reboot.

@ addison, let me know if xkbd works.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
I will test this out tonight or tommorrow after I do a full backup. I need to reflash anyway. If this can't work on portrait, it will be of limited use to me but I'll be happy to test it out.

Off-topic: Can xbindkeys be used to map matchbox-remote -next to the escpe button?

The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnie Price For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
I have recompiled the binary with frame animations, xsync and alt input wins. Binary size grew by 500 bytes, still 3.5k short of the normal binary size.
May be due to different compiler flags. Nokia packages seem to be built with DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="maemo-launcher,thumb,vfp".

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Johnnie Price View Post
I will test this out tonight or tommorrow after I do a full backup. I need to reflash anyway. If this can't work on portrait, it will be of limited use to me but I'll be happy to test it out.

Off-topic: Can xbindkeys be used to map matchbox-remote -next to the escpe button?
Yeah, it can.

Might run into a problem though since it will send out a signal to switch your app (great simple idea by the way) but it will also send the usual Escape signal to whatever app is on the screen at the time as well.

I'll test this out in a few minutes.

The only work around that I can thing of is stopping MCE but that would mean you will also lose your Menu key function as well as the Home key, so no more Task Navigator support.

Last edited by Addison; 2011-09-27 at 19:38.

Originally Posted by Straycat View Post
First of all... sorry the off-topic.

But, hey Addison!! By the Lord's love... where do you get this permissions window on emelfm2???

I'll give you a french kiss by the information!

Thanks in advance.
Hardware Menu key on your tablet-->Actions-->Change Permissions

For me, I usually have to do this in Xterm first:

root
emelfm2

Off topic as well, does anyone know of the latest version of this where pressing the Home button no longer brings up the search feature like this newer build currently does?

It's really annoying.

Originally Posted by lma View Post
May be due to different compiler flags. Nokia packages seem to be built with DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="maemo-launcher,thumb,vfp".
I ran 'fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage' on the source and it didn't strip the binary but after stripping it was the same size as the one I built manually. Are those build options something I need to add? Do you know how to produce a stripped package?