Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Could it be possible that we would be offered a choice by Nokia to get either WP or MeeGo version of a phone or even a dual boot?
Sounds a bit iffy to me.
http://nokiagadgets.com/2011/08/06/wpormeego/

dualboot n9 ohyeah perfect way for noka to kill n9 meego support even faster

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Thanks abbra. I know about qt applications and their translations but I d like to know too about the os of the N9. What if Nokia decide to not include, eg the greek language?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
This sounds like you know that Nokia is coming to an end?
Nope. But with Elop in charge, we'll invariably not see any more MeeGo/Maemo devices after the N9.

Hell, in my opinion, he'd be better off measuring the hype around the N9/Maemo 6 and try serve up a second offering of Maemo 6 alongside WP7 Mango.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
Thanks abbra. I know about qt applications and their translations but I d like to know too about the os of the N9. What if Nokia decide to not include, eg the greek language?
I guess we'll know it when device will be released in Greece. What was a situation with N900, N97, N98 in Greece?

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Nope. But with Elop in charge, we'll invariably not see any more MeeGo/Maemo devices after the N9.
I wouldn't agree... I don't have any strong arguments, but I just feel they're not gonna give up this MeeGo story just like that. Let's see.

Gonna finish my Maemo collection... started with the 770, gonna end with the N9.

Gotta complete the set.
The N950 means you can't :-(

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by lma View Post
The N950 means you can't
I also didn't get the N800 either.

So I didn't get the second and the second to last... that omission has enough symmetry where I'll be okay.

OCD still wants first & last.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia

Hell, in my opinion, he'd be better off measuring the hype around the N9/Maemo 6 and try serve up a second offering of Maemo 6 alongside WP7 Mango.
Hype /= sales.

However assuming hype does in this case equal sales, the question then needs to be asked: why has this device sold well? Is it:

- The design
- The feature-set
- The UI
- The underlying OS framework

And so on. Out of those 4, the 4th option strikes me as the least likely. Similarly, Ahtisaari has said that aspects of the N9 will live on in future Nokia products, the aspects that are likely to have the most direct correlation with sales.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by abbra View Post
I guess we'll know it when device will be released in Greece. What was a situation with N900, N97, N98 in Greece?
Nokia supports greek translation only for symbian. Regarding the N900 we formed a small team and using transifex we translated maemo.

Someone who got a developer N950 device can tell us if the greek language is included, I doubt though.

Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
Nokia supports greek translation only for symbian. Regarding the N900 we formed a small team and using transifex we translated maemo.

Someone who got a developer N950 device can tell us if the greek language is included, I doubt though.
Not from what I can see. Could still be on the N9 though.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????