Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010
#41
Is there any way you can make a video about flashing the n900 because i think i'm not doing it right.
 
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010
#42
Finally did it right! SIM card is now working perfectly
 
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
#43
Originally Posted by sergnnpls View Post
Finally did it right! SIM card is now working perfectly
So you reflashed your phone and now you don't have that Sim Card red dash icon anymore? And you are using the new design chip as well?

I thought after the firmware update everything would be fine and dandy but it still has the same problem.

So when I do a re-flash of my device, do I install the original firmware and then do the OTA Updates or do I just install the latest firmware available? I guess I'll just research the flashing issue later today and I'm sure my answer is somewhere in there.
 
Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
#44
Just flashing with the latest firmware should keep problems with the upgrade away.
 
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010
#45
That's what I did. I just flashed it with the new firmware and now my SIM works perfectly. I don't know if my SIM is the new design; all i know is that I got my SIM in 2006. Hope that helped.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to sergnnpls For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010
#46
Hi, I had the same issue and it jus after flashing the new FW (the 90 meg one). It helped me to get back to previous one with NSU and flashing the newest one again.
 
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
#47
Originally Posted by sergnnpls View Post
That's what I did. I just flashed it with the new firmware and now my SIM works perfectly. I don't know if my SIM is the new design; all i know is that I got my SIM in 2006. Hope that helped.
Thanks! I will flash tonight. Will be my first time lol.
 
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ bay area, ca
#48
I updated OTA last week, but it didn't fix my problems. I then reflashed over USB to the global version instead of the USA version, still didn't fix it and now 90% of the time I try to make a call, I only get "General Error". I can still text and receive phone calls though... I'm going to try to reflash both the eMMC and the firmware again tonight, this time with the USA version. If this still doesn't work, I'm just going to chalk it up to a hardware issue and try seeing if Nokia can do something about it. :\
 
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
#49
Originally Posted by hanh View Post
I updated OTA last week, but it didn't fix my problems. I then reflashed over USB to the global version instead of the USA version, still didn't fix it and now 90% of the time I try to make a call, I only get "General Error". I can still text and receive phone calls though... I'm going to try to reflash both the eMMC and the firmware again tonight, this time with the USA version. If this still doesn't work, I'm just going to chalk it up to a hardware issue and try seeing if Nokia can do something about it. :\
Waiting to see what ends up happening. Please let us know because I was also considering just going with the Global version as well but seeing that it didn't make a difference for you I guess I will just stick with USA version.

What do you mean reflash the eMMC? I thought firmware was only thing there is to flash.
 
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010
#50
Originally Posted by ABerri View Post
Waiting to see what ends up happening. Please let us know because I was also considering just going with the Global version as well but seeing that it didn't make a difference for you I guess I will just stick with USA version.

What do you mean reflash the eMMC? I thought firmware was only thing there is to flash.
I also didn't know what those things meant. There were also some things about red flags and something but you shouldn't pay attention to those things. Just do the flash as it's explained in the wiki and you'll be alright.
 
Reply

Tags
n900, not recognized, problem, sim, sim card, sim problem

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:49.