Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
no n9 born.. the condom didnt break yet..
i doubt they even popped the cherry yet :P

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I'll sum up this thread in one image:

It's 2hrs over midnight over Finland already. Should be out any time.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Mr Elop...its 2011. you can't delay it any longer. Need an announcement now!
are you kidding us or something ?
its still 2010 on half the planet . and did mr.Elop said that the n9 will be announced on jan 1 2011 12:00 am ??
they have all the year to announce .
so don't get ur hopes up, no meego devices t'ill atleast q2 2011 .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
They finally release it just before the end of 2011. The phone is awesome, looks good, fast, I mean really fast. MeeGo is a huge success in media and everybody seems to love the new super-linux. The device sells over 4 million in just one day, and even Elvis and Jesus have been seen standing on a queue to get one.

Next day the world ends.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Yep where is it? Where are all the meego leaks? Just too disciplined lately those nokia folks..

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Let'a do this 364x times, folks!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Yep where is it? Where are all the meego leaks? Just too disciplined lately those nokia folks..
They stopped all the leaks by cancelling the hardware -
that fixed that little problem.

Happy New Year anyway...
Attached Images

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Its true, they have around 365 days left. But do the really have 365 days left?

win7 gets stronger every day. android gets stronger and apple might even release a Iphone 5 before meego phone sees the light. Nokia has the N8 to reduce the lose of market share. But its always harder to take market shares than keeping it.

If its not ready,Its not ready. But I don't think they have 365 days left.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Its true, they have around 365 days left. But do the really have 365 days left?
There is always time left for introducing new mobile operating system, even 10 years from now. It is never too late. iOS, Android, WP7 and Symbian have all started from nothing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Do you really thought the Nokia N9 would be released in January or even Q1 2011? Don’t expect it until Q2/Q3 2011! Why?
1. The N8 with its huge pre-orders has shown that Symbian isn’t dead and many people still love the look and feel of it.
2. The E7 is delayed. It is expected to hit the stores in 2 or 3 weeks. Do you really think Nokia would announce the N9 in Q1 to hurt the sales of E7? Why should i buy an E7 if a more advanced similar form factor device is around the corner?
3. The N9 was expected for Q4 2010 running with MeeGo-Harmattan (Step5/5). That means the N9 would have been a MeeGo compatible device, but not an entirely Meego Smartphone. But the new CEO delayed the N9 and said Meego would be a 2011 event. In the meantime Ari Jaaksi the „Headman“ of Maemo left Nokia before Harmattan was released. Just Imagine many Years your working on Maemo to make it an awesome mainstream OS, far better then anything else and suddenly you leave the company before your baby sees the daylight. Why would somebody do that? Because his baby Harmattan is skipped by Mr. Elop! He doesn’t want a Hybrid device, no Meego-Harmattan device, but one which is entirely MeeGO! He also skipped Symbian4! Now it is just Symbian and all S3 Handsets like the N8 will get new UI due small updates in 2011 (pr. 2.0/3.0).
4. MeeGo 1.2 is not ready until April 2011. So they have time to improve the UI of Nokias Handset Meego UI, which is done by the former WebOS Designer, the successor of Ari Jaaksi.
5. At the International Mobile Internet Conference 2010 in Peking last month the Nokia Manager Gunther Kottzieper said that first 1Ghz devices from Nokia will be in Q2/Q3 2011.
6. The Next big event to announce the N9 is the MeeGo Conference in May in San Francisco. This is one Month before the whole World is looking at Cupertino and talking about „the super awsome“ Iphone 5. So Nokia will make a big marketing campaign for Meego and the N9, before Apple.
7. Everybody knows today that beside good hardware an an awesome OS you need an huge appstore/marketplace. Now with Qt it is possible to write just one app, which runs on both Symbian and MeeGo! So the apps build with QT for Symbian, will be running with a few changes on the N9! Till Mid 2011 the amount of apps build for Symbian will increase, that means for Meego, just before it is released you have an appstore (ovi store) with many apps for the N9.

Just my 2 Cents. BTW: Happy New Year!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:

Tags
best of 2011, douchebaggery, douchethread, fud fud fap fap, how to quote, i need drugs, wait for meego!, what is n9?, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz