Active Topics

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
go for Gold rather than the stock market you will then have a choice for US$1300 tablet / device.
As it is, I've made over $1000 on just Ford stock; I bought it at $2 a share. My other stocks just added about 25% to their value last year.

I once had a friend who specialized in recommending Gold, and the friends of mine who were talked into it lost money. It's great if you have a sense that things are collapsing and you're right, but my sense is that things are slowly improving.

Edit: One thing's for sure, if I bought a tablet now, by June it would be worth a lot less.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
As it is, I've made over $1000 on just Ford stock; I bought it at $2 a share. My other stocks just added about 25% to their value last year.

I once had a friend who specialized in recommending Gold, and the friends of mine who were talked into it lost money. It's great if you have a sense that things are collapsing and you're right, but my sense is that things are slowly improving.

Edit: One thing's for sure, if I bought a tablet now, by June it would be worth a lot less.
yes buying gold and holding it as a stock or a bond would not be very wise since gold and other precious metals (excluding some) are unrelatedly directly proportional to international money market.

Tags
meego, ubuntu