Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
HP seems to have found the most efficient way to penetrate the market quickly with WebOS.
After the touchpad it seems the hunt is open for Pre 3. Good luck!

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2391519,00.asp

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
I don't see anyone selling them yet. To be sure I put a pre-order in with expansys. They have no obligation to buy...

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
I don't see anyone selling them yet. To be sure I put a pre-order in with expansys. They have no obligation to buy...
I couldn't find it on expansys. Could you please post a link for it?

I hope this thread stays active to inform about the availability... It's coming

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
According to a comment left on the article by someone that has contacted HP, the UK shipments will be arriving on Friday.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
It's 75 without contract, no strings attached? Wow.

eurostore.palmcentral.com has stock @ £299 but is apparently goign to price cut orders to £100 for those who've already ordered (according to precentral users). However their website is failing to cope with traffic - I've been trying to order one for the past hour and it keeps crashing midway through the order process (havent got beyond giving my billing/shipping info).

EDIT 1: still trying to get my CC details accepted :-((( ... the below is from palm website:

"Special Purchase Conditions
Please note:
A price reduction is expected to be announced in the next 24 hours. This price reduction will apply to a Pre 3 Bundle which will include a number of accessories. To reserve this offer, please order a Pre 3 at the current price and we will refund the difference between the current listed price and the bundle price once the new reduced price has been confirmed. We expect this to be a substantial price reduction. This is a limited time offer while stocks last."

EDIT 2: finally got order processed (after about 90 min's of constant timeouts & pages loading without the neccessary buttons etc. etc.). If you don't give up, you'll get there e-v-e-n-t-u-a-l-l-y :-) I bought it for the wife (her original Pre is on life support ATM) - but with the whole Nokia situation, I may be tempted to keep it myself, hmmm ...

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Last edited by Pigro; 2011-08-23 at 14:10.

75 dollars or euros?

I want this, but I want the $99 Touchpad much more... damn people buying things I wanna buy grrr

http://www.clove.co.uk/hp-pre-3

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
thanks for that link Vi_ it is a sensible policy by the retailer.

I'm happy with palm's own website statement (I posted it above) which guaratees that orders on their website will be refunded the difference in price once the firesale price is announced. The UK distance selling reg's will allow me to return the goods unopened anyway, if the discounted price is not near the rumoured £49 ($75) being bandied around in the press today. For me, it is worth getting an order placed now, with a supplier with current stock and a firm commitment to honour the firesale cost.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

I tried to buy one, but as other people have mentioned on the web, their servers can't cope. (Seeing as HP is staying in the server/software business, that doesn't give me a lot of confidence in their products).

I'm a bit miffed with this - I quite fancied one before all the price reduction nonsense. Now I probably won't get one because of all the ebay traders snapping them up to resell them on ebay for profit.

Incidentally, the TouchPad has also been cut to a silly price. I don't mind buying one for ~£100. Again I couldn't get one because the second it was announced, all the online stores were swamped with orders - several retailers have had very slow sites or their sites down for most of the day with people trying to buy one.

Where do these people hear about this? I was one of the relatively few people in the world interested in webOS, and after the HP announcement I kept my eye open for price reduction, but was beaten to it by people who'd probably never heard of webOS products before.

*sigh*

The Following User Says Thank You to wheelybird For This Useful Post: