Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Surface phone has been a roumor for years, but I wonder if they ever manage to put a full windows(Desktop) in a phone any time soon.

Features. Not really thought about. I guess it’s different with different phones. Sometimes you want to test the OS. Sometimes you want to back the founders and sometimes you just want a new phone.

But this time I’m looking for a top notch device that makes my life easier. This phone won’t be used for any kind oh hacks or unlocks. Would be fun with surfuse phone since I like the tablet.

Maybe I have to wait a year for something new...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-10-23 at 20:25.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Surface phone has been a roumor for years, but I wonder if they ever manage to put a full windows(Desktop) in a phone any time soon.

Features. Not really thought about. I guess it’s different with different phones. Sometimes you want to test the OS. Sometimes you want to back the founders and sometimes you just want a new phone.

But this time I’m looking for a top notch device that makes my life easier. This phone won’t be used for any kind oh hacks or unlocks. Would be fun with surfuse phone since I like the tablet.

Maybe I have to wait a year for something new...
Well, I guess you have to say what makes your life easier. You might consider the Mate 10 pro. It allows you to set up a desktop environment. Also supports smart pen software among other things. May be the best in the bunch.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/...pointless/amp/

https://www.igeekphone.com/huawei-ma...et-stylus-pen/

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Well, I guess you have to say what makes your life easier. You might consider the Mate 10 pro. It allows you to set up a desktop environment. Also supports smart pen software among other things. May be the best in the bunch.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/...pointless/amp/

https://www.igeekphone.com/huawei-ma...et-stylus-pen/
Yeah, maybe. Not likely, but maybe

Basically a great browser. it’s a great start. Should handle advanced stock analyzing software and charts.

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-10-23 at 21:07.

Yeah, maybe. Not likely, but maybe

Basically a great browser. it’s a great start. Should handle advanced stock analyzing software and charts.
Seems like you want a great browser app and stock analysis apps. What are you currently using for browser? Maybe brokerage firms offer apps? Otherwise what stock analysis app do you need to work well on phone?

Anways, I was really thinking about hardware..
For me I want approx 6" screen, excellent camera, 2 day battery life with typical usage, high performance chip. 4 to 6 GB ram and 128GB memory on board with expandable memory. Good sound/speakers. Other stuff is nice but not essential like finger print scanner. .

Last edited by mscion; 2017-10-24 at 00:27.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Seems like you want a great browser app and stock analysis apps. What are you currently using for browser? Maybe brokerage firms offer apps? Otherwise what stock analysis app do you need to work well on phone?

Anways, I was really thinking about hardware..
For me I want approx 6" screen, excellent camera, 2 day battery life with typical usage, high performance chip. 4 to 6 GB ram and 128GB memory on board with expandable memory. Good sound/speakers. Other stuff is nice but not essential like finger print scanner. .
They cant be run fully on a phone currently. The only thing that brings any real value to me is this new spen but the strange phone size and the fingerprint magnet makes me look else where. iPhone X well it’s looks good but it’s the same thing as early devices, doesn’t bring anything new to the table. I just have to wait. Have to check out this flip phone.

All top notch devices got great cams so that’s no issue,3, 4 or 6 GB does it really matters? 128 GB? I need much less using streaming service and external storage for important stuff. Switching device to often too keep anything in the phone. Fingerprint scanner and face recognizing, agreed don’t need that.

What about a top notch phone with only phone and a super browser. No other software accepted/allowed

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-10-24 at 07:08.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
What about a top notch phone with only phone and a super browser. No other software accepted/allowed
Hey, that actually sounds to me something like boot-to-gecko, with a real gecko and real HW!

Maybe the firefox people were right after all, only their execution sucked big time... instead of trying to run firefoxOS on the poorest HW possible they should have aimed to the most expensive niche and have the fullest unfiltered browser experience!

Now that would have been something!

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Hey, that actually sounds to me something like boot-to-gecko, with a real gecko and real HW!

Maybe the firefox people were right after all, only their execution sucked big time... instead of trying to run firefoxOS on the poorest HW possible they should have aimed to the most expensive niche and have the fullest unfiltered browser experience!

Now that would have been something!
Yes, firefox could have done better here. I still like idea of a phone being the "swiss army knife" of functionality so the firefox concept would not be sufficient for me. It would be great for those in marketing!

Also, I assume Dave999 would need cut and paste working with his browser phone

A browser without a copy and paste is not a browser.

It’s like a lion without teeth!
A beer without alcohol!
Jolla without sailfish!
Doner without sauerkraut!

I hope you get it.

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-10-24 at 16:07.

A browser without a copy and paste is not a browser.

It’s like a lion without teeth!
A beer without alcohol!
Jolla without sailfish!
Doner without sauerkraut!

I hope you get it.
I think I get it!

Is it like donner without blitzen?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I never thought this moment would come but Dave, I really regret that I cannot press the Thanks link on your post!

Just a BTW, Sailfish has finally implemented select and copy in their browser. It has been there for a few months already. It had taken them three years and it is still not working properly (e.g., it works only in the page but not in the edit boxes) but it is a start.

Maybe we can have a countdown to a real implementation?

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson