Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
e: I quess you didn't mean this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxiOKKF721U
btw this is probably the best ad (engadget wrote an article about it if I remember correctly) when talking about advertisement that reveals a real nature of a device.
Thanks for sharing. That is one entertaining commercial, and I don't say that very often, as a person who lives without a television.

I would be interested in the engadget article as well, but I could not find anything. Care to share the link to that as well?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
Sorry man but how is this related to N900 failing in the consumer market? Maybe I jumped on the middle of the moving train but I see no reference whatsoever to N900/Nokia. N900 Pre-dated the whole caboodle of "Qt as platform" and "MeeGo is da future".
<ignored the personal attacks>

I think it's pretty obvious that to succeed in the current smartphone\tablet\pocketable computer market that you have to have a very active and thriving developer community and marketplace.

If you're not familiar with id software and John Carmack, please do look him up in Wikipedia et al.

I've found his remarks about iOS vs Android's development+market+distribution side to be very interesting and relevant to the issue at hand.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
<ignored the personal attacks>
I was not trying in any manner to attack you, sorry if it sounded as if I did.

I was trying to funny since you are a guy with 3000+ posts here and sometimes you come pretty rough on Nokia but still hanging around in a Nokia centric place. Must be tough for the heart And you do have great comments, when not ranting. :P

And I am familiar with id software of course but since then I just think the world moved on from id software, for better/worse to an EA one, and they have not moved together. On the same instance Nokia is trying very hard, and failing in some instances, to create this "ecosystem" dont you think?

Again, I am just trying to squeeze some info out of you. Dont take it as if I am attacking you please.

The Following User Says Thank You to HangLoose For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
ysss,
Interesting stuff but maybe new thread about this. And what is your point here?

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
I was trying to funny since you are a guy with 3000+ posts here and sometimes you come pretty rough on Nokia but still hanging around in a Nokia centric place. Must be tough for the heart And you do have great comments, when not ranting. :P
Probably because iPhone community does not have that many listeners to rant with.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@guys: I find it amusing (and ironic) that I have to explain the relevance of content creation and distribution system to a smartphone's success in consumer market, just a mere few posts after someone proclaimed that "To Linux is to be Intelligent"

@HangLoose: You mean, I'm 'ranting' (trolling, lolling, etc) whenever I have something negative to say about Nokia.... and my remarks would be considered 'great' whenever they're 'neutral' or 'positive'?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Tags
making popcorn, op stop posting