Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
From https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10312 ([Bug 10312] Video calls with Skype does not work)

Marcin Juszkiewicz <maemo@haerwu.biz> changed:

What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Status|NEW |RESOLVED
Resolution| |WONTFIX

--- Comment #18 from Marcin Juszkiewicz <maemo@haerwu.biz> 2010-12-08 18:36:21 EET ---
Nokia ended supporting Maemo5 and this application source code is not
available. No one will fix it so I close bug.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
From https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10312 ([Bug 10312] Video calls with Skype does not work)

Marcin Juszkiewicz <maemo@haerwu.biz> changed:

What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Status|NEW |RESOLVED
Resolution| |WONTFIX

--- Comment #18 from Marcin Juszkiewicz <maemo@haerwu.biz> 2010-12-08 18:36:21 EET ---
Nokia ended supporting Maemo5 and this application source code is not
available. No one will fix it so I close bug.
Whoo! Nokia is like that one dork in the class that scores goals against his own team because he can't be bothered to understand how the game is played. :P
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
wait what? does it mean that they plan to close off every other bug because
"Nokia ended supporting Maemo5" ?

Wow, now I see why the Instinctiv application devs want to stop development. Very discouraging....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Whoo! Nokia is like that one dork in the class that scores goals against his own team because he can't be bothered to understand how the game is played. :P
I bet NOKIA knows anything about maemo Gosh every minute goes by just proves to me that those folks are truly stupid!

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
It is old.Bug concerned fw 1.2.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
guys I think we should get our money back

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to t0mbola For This Useful Post:
It was closed by the reporter (who has made the comment about no more support) and has been reopened

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Beatty For This Useful Post:
Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
this is too depressing

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shockgiga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Well, I can also post any statement about (not: "by") Nokia on Bugzilla. However if it's true is another question.

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
wait what? does it mean that they plan to close off every other bug because
"Nokia ended supporting Maemo5" ?

Wow, now I see why the Instinctiv application devs want to stop development. Very discouraging....

This is the post from the Instinctiv developer is case anybody as missed it:-

Last week we spoke with Nokia. We were actively discouraged from developing for Maemo any further. There are lots of things we love about Maemo, including an awesome user community so we're disappointed to see it EOL'd . It's frustrating to have put so much effort into an app only to see the platform it's on be terminated . Whether we reappear on MeeGo -- the successor to Maemo -- depends in part on Nokia. In the mean time, our conversation with Nokia has led us to deprioritize the update we were working on, though no final decision has been made yet as to whether or not it'll ship. I'll keep you posted

It now looks like the end for meamo, so much for all those Qt apps being ported to the OS. It looks lk,e we just have to hope the Meego developers get a decent OS running for the N900, otherwise interest in it will disappear as soon as a meego handset appears.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:

Tags
fat lady, hardly knew ya, ignore list, needs locking, troll party, trollercoaster, trolololo, wawawaaaa., whinge fest