Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Is there a threshold where users can be banned permanently, that guy's crossed it looong ago, why never a perma ban? (not that it isn't futile)
Guess you never considered reading forum rules?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
OMG! a thread talking about l.....?

Are you already missing him or WTF!?

PLEASE I beg the moderators to close this thread!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Is there a threshold where users can be banned permanently, that guy's crossed it looong ago, why never a perma ban? (not that it isn't futile)
I have already seen this. I know how this will go down...when lumiaman returns

Jalyst: You're not fooling anyone, Lumiaman. The next screw that falls out will be you.
Lumiaman: Eat my shorts.
Jalyst: What was that?
Lumiaman: Eat... My... Shorts.
Jalyst: You just bought yourself another one.
Lumiaman: Ooh, I'm crushed.
Jalyst: You just bought one more.
Lumiaman: Well, I'm free the Saturday after that. Beyond that, I'm going to have to check my calendar.
Jalyst: Good, cause it's going to be filled! We'll keep going. You want another one? Just say the word say it. Instead of going to prison you'll come here. Are you through?
Lumiaman: No.
Jalyst: I'm doing society a favor.
Lumiaman: So?
Jalyst: That's another one right now! I've got you for the rest of your natural born life if you don't watch your step. You want another one?
Lumiaman: Yes.
Jalyst: You got it! You got another one right there! That's another one pal!
Thedead1440: Cut it out!
Jalyst: You through?
Lumiaman: Not even close, bud!
Jalyst: Good! You got one more right there!
Lumiaman: You really think I give a ****?
Jalyst: Another! You through?
Dave999: How many is that?
Gerbick: That's seven including when we first came in and you asked mr Jalyst whether AMD knew that he raided his closet.
Jalyst: Now it's eight. You stay out of this.
Gerbick: Excuse me sir, it's seven.
Jalyst: Shut up, peewee!

And the story continue...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-12-02 at 18:03.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Guess you never considered reading forum rules?
Yes, I did once, my memory's very hazy on it all now...
But considering you've been doing this mod thing quite heavily for some time now, & considering it's kind of your business to have a bit of clue about forum rules.
I was hoping you could be less, well hostile, & offer-up your understanding.
Not just on specifics (although that'd be great), because that info's attainable, what's more important is application, i.e. how the rules are usually enforced in RWT's.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-12-02 at 18:02.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
PLEASE I beg the moderators to close this thread!
Mind your own business, this is in off-topic, go read something else.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
And the story continue...
This thread will be long dead before then, I'm not planing to hang round long, just have 1-2 unanswered questions remaining.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Mind your own business, this is in off-topic, go read something else.

This thread will be long dead before then, I'm not planing to hang round long, just have 1-2 unanswered questions remaining.

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the **** do you think you're talking to?

Not if we transform it into something fun and use full. From now on you have to answer with only movie quotes.

If not the dead will hand out infraction points as penalty,ok?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-12-02 at 18:27.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Moderators give points as they feel are appropriate based on clear community rules. If you feel the points were inappropriate, ask the lead moderator and/or Council to review the situation (via e-mail, IRC or PM). If you feel the points were past-due... Gloating is not very becoming.

The forum rules are pretty straight forward, and posted publicly in one place for a good reason: To have a single source to get answers. Not buried in a dozen pointless threads, based on input from mods who may or may not even be active any more.

As for needing a question or two answered, all the valid questions asked here have been answered. You not liking the answer or wanting to be spoon fed such answers does not make the answers given less valid.

If you want to gloat about someone being gone, go do so on your blog, or facebook, or myspace (the latter having about the right age range/appeal for doing so). This is not the place for it.

Where I a moderator, I'd have closed this thread already, and handed the OP infraction points for starting it, since it's clearly targeting a single person in a mean spirited way. (Which is against forum rules.)

Closed Thread