Active Topics

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
What is so hard to implement that?...

w00t?
As far as I understand it, the MMS specification looks and feels like a relic of the 90's and is incompatible with mobile internet (such a thing did not exist back then).
So, the phone has to juggle with two different APNs. Ask frals, who did the implementation of MMS on the N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
Not a single note on alien dalvik improvements. Installing paid apps still crashes play.!
Indeed. So, sadly, the compass still doesn't work with Android apps. But I don't think you'll see Jolla fixing the Play Store - they do not support it.

For me the compass is working under alien dalvik, i tried mapswithme, OsmAnd~ and Gps Status.

Originally Posted by HolgerN View Post
For me the compass is working under alien dalvik, i tried mapswithme, OsmAnd~ and Gps Status.
You are right! Weird. When I tested earlier it definitely wasn't working at all. And now it is. I've rebooted (to clear another issue) since, so maybe that did the trick.

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Compass worked already since the last update.
What still doesn't work is the recognition of WLan with some apps

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
As far as I understand it, the MMS specification looks and feels like a relic of the 90's and is incompatible with mobile internet (such a thing did not exist back then).
So, the phone has to juggle with two different APNs. Ask frals, who did the implementation of MMS on the N900.
You can see them working on MMS feature here:
https://github.com/nemomobile/mms-engine

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Indeed. So, sadly, the compass still doesn't work with Android apps. But I don't think you'll see Jolla fixing the Play Store - they do not support it.
That would be understandable and acceptable, sure.

But IS it a play-store issue, or is it a matter of supporting android api's/features properly?

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Another couple of things that bugs me the most, the notifications screen (or whatever it is called) feels much to unused. Jolla should find out how it could be utilized better, a lot of screen estate is lost to nothing.

And...being able to categorize applications somehow. I have a jungle of applications now (even if I am not a user that installs too much crap) and I'd prefer them in maps or categories rather than launching that community-developed Quick Launcher (not that its a bad application or anything, its fine).

EDIT: Oh, the email-application just bugged out on me. On the main screen (listing the different accounts) I couldn't selected any of them. It was like the gui elements was disabled. Restarting the email app and the accounts were clickable again.
When it happened I had viewed a mail, zoomed out of it so that I could see the dots to go back. Then at the main mail screen, no accounts were selectable (even though they looked the same as usual).

Last edited by Larswad; 2014-03-18 at 11:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. Didn't see this posted but this seems to summarize changes and some remaining issues.

https://together.jolla.com/question/...0420-ohijarvi/

Also just wondering, as I expect to get my phone on April 14 will there be another update by then? Just askin' ...

Also, as I'm a big fan of mms, has anyone tried using an android app to do mms as it currently appears to not work on Jolla phone. The app I use on my android phone is called Hangouts

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.android.talk

One more thing, for those in the US where data on Jolla phone is nonexistence. I just found out that you can get 2.5GB data on T-mobile for $20 a month using their 4G Hotspot device. Though not a perfect solution it is doable for many situations.

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Compass worked already since the last update.
No, it didn't. Or, more accurately, it didn't work in most Android apps. It was a bug acknowledged by Jolla (on together.jolla.com) on Jan 20th and not fixed in the Jan update.

Last edited by strongm; 2014-03-18 at 12:16.

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"