Anyone else have their facebook notifications not working on PR1.2?

It works if I remove the account then recreate it, the notifications that are waiting show up.

But after that initial push, they stop. I get the emails right away, but never the notifications.

Oddly, it seemed to work when I first upgraded to PR1.2, and everything seemed fine for a short while (at least I think they worked), but then I think one of my folders using the new Folders feature became corrupted and I couldn't scroll down to where it was to remove it, nor anywhere below it in the menu. Half my programs were unlaunchable.

I ended up wiping my phone (doing the reset in settings) then reflashing it. Re installed all my crap again, then had an issue with no pictures showing up in the gallery, and ended up having to move those out then back in, still didn't work, flashed it and then put 'em back in. Everything seemed to work at that point... except facebook notifications.

I did just remove the Extra Plugins account, then rebooted, and still no notifications. They ONLY ever show up after I first create the account on my phone.

Any ideas? Anyone else have this weird issue? I haven't been able to find any posts about this, so if I happened to miss them... blame DuckDuckGo.

slaapliedje

Last edited by slaapliedje; 2012-03-14 at 00:04.

Nobody else having this issue at all with PR1.2?

slaapliedje

I seem to be running into the same problem, but it started just several days ago. For a while, Facebook notifications work, but something that inconspicuously causes them not to be downloaded to the phone any more takes place. Could be Facebook issues?
Only RSS feeds appear on the notification screen. Maybe we should get used to it, who knows when something that breaks the RSS reader might occur?

Last edited by user/zero; 2012-03-14 at 22:00.

It works if I actually open up the facebook application... but doesn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose of push notifications? It's like the mail notification programs that are out there that only work if the email program itself is opened...

slaapliedje

Yep. Sorry, Facebook's servers are fine, the one who behaves erroneously is me, my sleeping time has been inappropriately reduced in the last couple of days.

I hear ya there! I had to make sure the VoIP server where I work was up and running last night, so only had a few hours of sleep, then they freaked 'cause I didn't come in 'til 8:30am instead of the normal 6am I usually come in. I needed SOME sleep

slaapliedje

I'm on p.r 1.1 and my facebook is just not working at all..
This is getting annoying..!!!!

facebook and twitter is pull based, not push based.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
I noticed one thing that if I have notification and not notified on N9 if I manually refresh feed it then gives the notification which makes it quite useless.. So maybe we have to set the auto-update interval to happen quite frequently for feed?

1. Youtube videos shared on the sites to be shown in stock browser & played using built-in Youtube player - Vote here
  2. Sliding to answer/reject calls while in locked state lags painfully - Vote here
  3. Availability & Transfers window always open from the bottom of the window despite whichever direction you put them away - Vote here
  4. System wide file manager support - Vote here

Join the Skype video support on N9 petition on twitter here.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
facebook and twitter is pull based, not push based.
I am pretty sure that PR1.2 was supposed to implement the push notifications for Facebook. It seems to work for some, but not all.

It seemed to initially work for myself, but that could just because I had created it after I did a clean flash.

The settings for it are under "Settings > Notifications" and there is a push notifications toggle, and also under Facebook, notifications for messages, notifications and Friend Requests.

I had put in a friend request right after installing PR1.2 and it worked properly.

slaapliedje