Methinks I'll keep using the N800 until the OS update arrives, and I get a chance to see the mapping application for myself.
Install the beta which was released last week (or was it the week before).

I would really like to get my hands on one before Christmas. But here in Holland the shops don't even list the device for pre-order. I really hope play.com will have stock this week.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Talking about europe, since i'm probably not going to be able to sell my coupon to get one locally, i'm trying to get it from the UK to at least get the qwerty part right...

Has any of you with european wifi devices been to north america and had trouble connecting to channels 10 and 11?

From what i understand, channels 10-13 in europe are limited to 10mW instead of 100mW...

thanks!

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ Poland
ok. N810 is available in UK online shop - http://shop.nokia.co.uk/nokia-uk/pro...&culture=en-GB

Coupon code still doesn't work.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Paderborn / Germany
I called the nokia.de-Support today, because my order on 12/06/2007 hat not arrived yet. They told me there has been a problem with GLS, so the packages can not be shipped.

I would recommend to all who ordered from nokia.de to call the Support!

@martin_d

Ok, I called them and the only problem is that they do not get package numbers from GLS so they can't verify where the package is at the moment. Otherwise shipping should work normaly. But they will call me with further information later today or tomorrow.

I ordered on 12/07/2007 but my N810 didn't arrive yet.

Did you get an order and shipping notification as email? I got one last friday.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Paderborn / Germany
@tabno

I got my notification on 12/06/2007, still no package arriverd.

@martin_d and @tabno
I just called to Nokia. They said there are generally problems with orders from 12/6 and they call me by the end of the day. I also ordered my N810 at 12/6, so let's see...

Denmark:

The device was for sale for a few days here two weeks ago. I got to order one through "Debitel". But as the N810 didn't show up, and hasn't shown up yet, I kept calling Debitel, and they kept telling me it was in stock and it was just a matter of time before they would ship it to me.

Today I called again and got an hornest reply. It was not in stock anymore(???) and they couldn't tell me when it would be in stock again.

So I called another shop: "Mobiludsalg". They told me a temporary date was given by Nokia: 2nd of January.

God Dammit. I hoped that I would get mine before christmas. But I don't think so anymore.

@martin_d and @afreakm

I just got mine from GLS.

The problem is really a invalid package number. The guy tried several times to scan the barcode of the package number but his device reported always an error. He said that the number starts with 000 and that is invalid. First he even said that he would have to take the package with him because he can't scan it and so I could not sign that I got it. But finally I could convince him that every GLS station on the way from the netherlands (there it comes from) must have had the same problem.