Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by dvb View Post
I was sure busybox can't be uninstalled without having much problems. Anyway, I installed new althist and it works greatly! Thanks a lot! Now waiting for it to be released under repos, as I have CSSU Thumb.
Great! And you're right about not being able to uninstall busybox without much problems. However, busybox-power can be safely installed and uninstalled freely. Just don't remove Maemo's busybox package .

Today I found another bug. In my MyDocs/.videos I have a directory named in russian letters (well, I guess any non-english letters will do the trick). Now, I start typing in x-term the command:

~ $ MyDocs/.videos/

Then I press TAB to take a look at the suggestions. As I have there only one directory, ash (or busybox?) substirutes it to my input. But if I only press TAB one more or twice times, all the command goes away!

Is this a bug of busybox-power, or ash? I didn't notice anything similar before installing busybox-power-althist, but maybe that can be Thumb tree bug: I installed that just before busybox-power.
Thanks for reporting. I haven't looked into this yet, but I guess it's a bug in ash (or more accurately: libbb/lineedit). I'm currently on holidays, but I'll check if I can reproduce and fix the issue when I'm back home.

I'll also prepare a proper new busybox-power release (fremantle, fremantle thumb, diablo, and harmattan) then, which will include the swapon patch among other things.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
I'm back from holidays. The swapon patch has been sent upstream[1] and is also pushed to busybox-power's git repository.

dvb, I'm unable to reproduce the issue with the vanishing command when auto-completing it via TAB. Could you perhaps tar the offending directory and PM / e-mail it to me (+ exact instructions on how to trigger the bug with the directory)? I've tried several combinations of files and directories, with and without unicode characters, but I couldn't get the command to vanish when auto-completing it. Thanks in advance.

I'll wait a few days with the new busybox-power release, it would be great if it could also ship a fix for the aforementioned issue. If I'm able to reproduce it, that is .

[1] http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/b...st/079641.html

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Krasnodar, Russia
Unfortunately, I didn't find the option to attach a file in PM or e-mail from the forums page, so I write here.

I guess only some sort of characters reproduce the bug... The folder or the file alone don't trigger the bug, but both of them do. Just cd somewhere, unpack there 'test' directory and type:

ls test/<TAB><TAB>

In my case the command disappears, but it still offers the list of files in 'test' on each <TAB> keypress if I don't press anything else.
Attached Files
File Type: gz archive.tar.gz (230 Bytes, 78 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dvb For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately, I didn't find the option to attach a file in PM or e-mail from the forums page, so I write here.

I guess only some sort of characters reproduce the bug... The folder or the file alone don't trigger the bug, but both of them do. Just cd somewhere, unpack there 'test' directory and type:

ls test/<TAB><TAB>

In my case the command disappears, but it still offers the list of files in 'test' on each <TAB> keypress if I don't press anything else.
I'm able to reproduce the issue, thanks. I'll try to fix the issue this week, but my spare time is very limited at the moment. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by iDont; 2013-08-07 at 19:49.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Krasnodar, Russia
Well, I guess noone wants it right now as is's a minor bug. Just noticed it once and found it worth mentioning...

BTW, besides this issue I see busybox-power handles unicode characters fine. Stock busybox had much problems with them when I tried to navigate the command with left/right keys... Thanks!

I've just released an update to busybox-power. It only includes the swapon patch and a version bump (new minor upstream release). Mails have also been sent to include the new release in the thumb repository (fremantle) and the incepted repos (harmattan). The diablo version didn't built in the autobuilder, so diablo users should get the new release from our garage page.

As always, sources can be found here: https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/ggi...=busybox-power

Excuse the long delay of the new release. I have to say that I won't be able to put a lot of time in busybox-power anymore. I'm still committed to integrating upstream updates, but I'm not sure I'll find the time to introduce features and squash bugs (unless they're in busybox-power's packaging). If you're wondering, my N900 is still my primary device, so it's not like I switched to Android or something .

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hey iDont,

so it looks like I am late for a small glitch report.
'stat' of bb-power returns values in a different order than stock 'stat' and gives out an empty new line at the end.
optify scripts rely on stock bb and so bail out with
2013-06-28 09:40:26 :: not enough free space in /home (need at least 200 MB free), quitting.
in /var/log/maemo-optify-boottime.log.

Not that anybody noticed before, or it is needed at all after first optification (and more over NOkia returned size of optfs in MB with a sh return, so it was/is erroneous and bailed out nevertheless often), but I wanted to get rid of those error messages/logs.
Attached are my changes, so you may think of a small sed command in postinst/postrm or not. It is up to you.
Maybe someone experienced with CSSU may know some more about those optification scripts?

Here are the difffs for auto
Code:
~ $ diff /usr/sbin/maemo-optify-auto-opt.sh  /usr/sbin/maemo-optify-auto-opt___
sh.ori 
--- /usr/sbin/maemo-optify-auto-opt.sh
+++ /usr/sbin/maemo-optify-auto-opt___sh.ori
@@ -142,11 +142,7 @@
 fi

dfree "/home"
-#peterleinchen
-log "peterleinchen, ?: $?, space: $space"
-#if [ $? -lt $HOME_SPACE_LIMIT ]
-if [ $space -lt $HOME_SPACE_LIMIT ]
-#pl end
+if [ $? -lt $HOME_SPACE_LIMIT ]
 then
   log "not enough free space in /home (need at least $HOME_SPACE_LIMIT MB free), quitting."
   return 0
and for lib
Code:
~ $ diff /usr/sbin/maemo-optify-lib.sh /usr/sbin/maemo-optify-lib___sh.ori 
--- /usr/sbin/maemo-optify-lib.sh
+++ /usr/sbin/maemo-optify-lib___sh.ori
@@ -9,17 +9,8 @@
 # returns: the amount of free space in MB
 dfree()
 {
-  #peterleinchen, for busybox-power
-  if [ "$(readlink /usr/sbin/watchdog)" == "/bin/busybox" ]; then
-    #power busybox
-    space=`/bin/busybox stat -ft /home | /bin/busybox awk '{print int($5*$8/(1024*1024)) }' | head -1`
-  else
-    #standard busybox
-    space=`/bin/busybox stat -ft /home | /bin/busybox awk '{print int($5*$9/(1024*1024)) }'`
-  fi
-  #pl end
+  space=`/bin/busybox stat -ft /home | /bin/busybox awk '{print int($5*$9/(1024*1024)) }'`
   [ $? -ne 0 ] && return 0
-  #OMG this will return just 0 to 255
   return $space
 }

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
[QUOTE=peterleinchen;1368080]so it looks like I am late for a small glitch report.
'stat' of bb-power returns values in a different order than stock 'stat' and gives out an empty new line at the end.
optify scripts rely on stock bb and so bail out with
in /var/log/maemo-optify-boottime.log.
/QUOTE]

Nice find!

I vaguely remember having seen such log messages, but I've removed anything related to optification (maemo-optify-*, I think).

Well done!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
There's a new major update available (BusyBox 1.22.0), incorporating almost a year's worth of upstream work by various authors. See http://busybox.net/ for the full changelog.

For those feeling adventurous, busybox-power 1.22.0power1 for Maemo 5 is available at its garage page: download. A proper release will follow after some more testing. Your help with testing is appreciated . I'm having some trouble pushing commits to vcs.maemo.org, so I simply uploaded the patch against busybox-power's master branch there as well, if you'd like to see what changed in our source.

One upstream commit broke our boot, so that had to be reverted. With this commit reverted, Busybox 1.22.0 seems to be running great on my device so far. Happy testing (and a happy 2014)!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Good to see you still provide us with updates.

Any change for a thumb version in the garage (like with the older versions)? If not, I will install this one...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post: