Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Chinoman10 View Post
Is this possible even if Jolla doesn't recognize it?
If so, could you please tell me what I must type?
I'm used to Bash and Linux commands, but I've never formatted anything before, and I want to be sure I don't screw up

Thank you in advance ^^

~Chinoman10.
Code:
mkfs.btrfs -L mylabel /dev/mmcblk1
Should do it.
If the os cant't recognize the sdcard, the file mmcblk1 will not exist and the command will end with an error.
Barnabas Collins

Originally Posted by kollin View Post
Code:
mkfs.btrfs -L mylabel /dev/mmcblk1
Should do it.
If the os cant't recognize the sdcard, the file mmcblk1 will not exist and the command will end with an error.
It indeed appeared after inserting the card... But...
"probe of mmcblk1 failed, cannot detect existing filesystem.
Error: Use the -f option to overwrite."

After using the -f option...
"check_mounted(): Could not open mmcblk1
Error: error checking mmcblk1 mount status"

I guess it was errors with permissions, so I entered root mode (devel-su).

Then it worked, just printing two warnings:

"WARNING! - Btrfs v0.20-rc1 IS EXPERIMENTAL
WARNING! - see HTTP://Btrfs.wiki.kernel.org before using"

Thanks dude

~Chinoman10.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chinoman10 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Raim View Post
Yes, I got it to compile with a minimal fix. For testing purposes on my Jolla I only used it against a loop device and not a real SD card yet. But it works fine. :-)

https://github.com/raimue/exfat-nofu...master...jolla
So do you have ex-fat support on Sailfish? If yes, how/what did you exactly do?

I compiled fuse exfat (pkcon install gcc gcc-c++ scons fuse-devel and then used scons as root) but for me the mount-sd.sh doesn't mount the card automatically. It works if I do it manually. Does it work for someone?

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
You need to change the /usr/sbin/moint-sd.sh. Look: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...37#post1414837

It should mount exfat.

The Following User Says Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Cagliari, Italy
Hi everybody!
Sorry for questioning, but,I spent hours trying to understand all the things that you wrote there,but unfortunately I'm not a developer.
I've got a micro sd card, 64Gb, SDHC ,exactly.
Using that in my laptop (windows8) I manage to format it in Fat32,but when I try to put some music in (about 15gb),this process could take really hours,and when I put the sd card in my Jolla, just a little part of my music is showed in the player. I made a surface test of the card,so it's not a fake one. Could be a problem of transferring files from my laptop? (my main pc,cannot even read the new sd card...i don't know why)...
Thanks

edit: I'm making right now a 2nd test of the card. I'll let you know ASAP.
UPDATE fake sd.......

Last edited by requiem_76; 2014-03-12 at 18:47.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Do I need to compile fuse exFat or can simply using package in the first link? Thank you1

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I finally decided to try if Jolla automounts my sd card. The original release automounted my card (SanDisk 64GB as btrfs) and media player found music files. After the first update i "lost" my card and resorted to a fixed mount configuration. Today i went through this thread and the modifications to mount-sd.sh were s simple enough so i modified it with Jolla's vi. (I made a backup of the original first). Worked great. Then I made symlink from music-directory on sdcard as /home/nemo/sdmusic. After reboot the player finds my ogg files again.

Thanks to you all for great advices. Later this week I might have some small piece of information to share.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
It is somewhat ironic that in the same evening when finally modified the mount-sd.sh and added symlinks, Jolla's Ohijärvi update made these obsolete.

I removed sdcard, removed symlinks. Started media player and it could not find any music, as expected. I shut down the media player, inserted my 64 GB btrfs-formatted sdcard, started media player again and presto, my music files are all there and working.

Memory card support is now way better as stated in change log. There is still room for improvement, maybe with next update...

I have just got my jolla to mount a Kingston 64Gb SDXC card out of the box - which required building exFAT support.

I am running SailfishOS 1.0.4.20

This is what I did

open Web Browser
Go to http://code.google.com/p/exfat/downloads/list
Download both files:
fuse-exfat-1.0.1.tar.gz
exfat-utils-1.0.1.tar.gz

open Terminal
devel-su
pkcon install gcc gcc-c++ scons fuse-devel
cd /home/nemo/Downloads
tar -zxvf fuse-exfat-1.0.1.tar.gz
tar -zxvf exfat-utils-1.0.1.tar.gz
cd fuse-exfat-1.0.1
scons
scons install
cd ../exfat-utils-1.0.1
scons
scons install
REBOOT phone with card inserted
SDCARD mounted as /media/sdcard/0123-4567

In terminal I navigated to the directory and did

touch blob

The file blob was created. I edited blob with vi and saved it, mored it, and also deleted it.

Obviously /media/sdcard/0123-4567 is the default place on my phone and I havent played around with this.

df -kh reports

/dev/mmcblk1p1 59G 17M 59G 1% /media/sdcard/0123-4567

I downloaded using the web browser as I couldnt be bothered to try and sort our subversion on my phone and follow the google code instructions

I dont know if both fuse-exfat and exfat-utils are required, maybe someone else can comment.

The sdcard is not being recognised by default in CargoDock.

I havent done anything else as yet ....... so not sure how well it functions.

Last edited by blobbyblobby2000; 2014-03-21 at 15:13. Reason: Missed off important command

The Following User Says Thank You to blobbyblobby2000 For This Useful Post: