Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by tschak909 View Post
Guys, let this be a lesson...

If you DO NOT know how to handle hardware in a low level developer capacity, DO NOT FLASH DEVELOPER IMAGES OF OPERATING SYSTEMS TO YOUR HARDWARE.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK. PAY ATTENTION TO THREADS THAT SCREAM AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS THAT "THIS SOFTWARE IS NOT READY FOR USE BY NORMAL USERS"

For those who blindly installed this before doing your homework. You deserved this. Now you dig yourself out.

-Thom
Unfortunately, threads in the Maemo area that scream like that are usually lying, in my experience. By exaggerating hysterically, they condition users to ignore them. This makes it difficult to issue real warnings that people can believe.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by theunclear View Post
azndude,

I have the exact same problem as you. I installed meego and have nothing but the console. Have been trying to flash it back to maemo, but the usb icon doesn't appear anymore. I have the message "Using flashing protocol Mk II" too. I'm not clear on what you meant by "doing wrong". I held down the U and plugged in the usb. Please tell me what you did to get it to flash. Thanks.
anyone help please.
I'm trying it in the latest Ubuntu 9 right now.
Also tried it in xp sp3 x86 and win7 x64

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by theunclear View Post
anyone help please.
I'm trying it in the latest Ubuntu 9 right now.
Also tried it in xp sp3 x86 and win7 x64
Plug the USB in while the flasher is on.. and Right when the N900 vibrates when turned on press and hold U... Is that what you're doing?

It was accidental that I got it to show the usb icon at all. I asked a friend to replicate the situation and got the icon to appear randomly. He held the usb cable steady while I press enter on the cmd flash screen. Even a slight movement would exit the usb mode. Got it to flash to maemo, but failed at the end. Then flashing it again was easier. Now it's back to normal. Thanks

got same problem.
plug USB and it show command line.
can't flash it back to maemo

anyone have the way to flash it back to maemo?

Have you guys tried running the flasher command in the shell first so its "waiting for device" and then hold down the u key and plug it in?

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by ceyad View Post
got same problem.
plug USB and it show command line.
can't flash it back to maemo

anyone have the way to flash it back to maemo?
Turn off the device. Completely.
Plug-in USB cable.
Run flasher.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Seeing how you might be stuck - Could you not try install a GUI?
apt-get (or whatever meego uses) and install GDM or XFCE/LXDE.... Pointless, just an idea... Could be cool.

I've had same problem as you guys, fixed it by making sure USB connection is clean, done same with micro usb. I've also used another USB port.

That was quite strange problem though. I could flash my eMMC but I couldn't do the same with the firmware. It just stopped flashing at "Using flashing protocol Mk II.". Guess, weird stuff like that happens.

Hope it helps anyone.

Last edited by Niuseek; 2010-05-09 at 02:06.

Originally Posted by azndude706 View Post
OOooo man not good idea! was curious and flashed this, and i now have no idea what to do!!, how to i reflash back to regular firmware!!! ahh someone help plz?? i try doing a reflash in maemo flasher, i ran flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R in meamo flashaer 3.5 but i got using flashing protocol Mk II. nothing happen after! someone help me plz?
Remove the battery, connected your N900 to the computer;
1- Enable R&D mode: flasher-3.5.exe –-enable-rd-mode
2- Cold flash with your Fiasco Image: flasher-3.5.exe -c -h RX-51:<hw_id> -F <FIASCO image> -f (The code "RX-51" used in the example is the product code for the N900 device. The <hw_id> is the product HW revision, which is a 4-digit code. Both product code and HW revision can be found from the type label of the device to be flashed. The type label is on the back of the device, underneath the battery. )
3- Disable R&D mode: flasher-3.5.exe –-disable-rd-mode
4- Insert the battery and reboot
Hope this will help.

Tags
my balls are bigger now, zombie n900