Notices

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Highlands
Hi

As a nice easy way to let me grab stuff off my uPnP server, I tried a few apps (UKMP, Canola, even File Manager - which looked like it was coming close, but it just ends up forever looping saying "updating") to save some tunes to the local storage on the n800, but nothing seems to do that.

Can anyone recommend an app to do just that ?

Thanks

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
By any chance are you using the TVersity uPnP server? If so, in the flash interface (http://yourmediaserver:port/flashlib/), if you tap in the top left of the window there is a Download button with the option to "Download Original File". Just tested it and it works fine on my N800 using the standard Opera browser.

With MicroB browser, surf to upnpav:// , browse and download.

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
djmount (which requires fuse/maemofuse) will do what you want. With it you can mount a UPnP server like a filesystem, browse it with the file manager and hilight a whole directory to copy to the N800. I had it working at one point but haven't tested with the latest kernel. I will probably try again on 2008OS.

Thanks all, I am using TVersity, but the last time I had tried the flash interface it hadn't worked on the n800. Will give it another go, but MicroB and djmount (especially the latter) sound perfect !

Thanks again.

Ah. Anyone know of a package for n800 for djmount ? No sign of any at the usual places (garage, gronmayer.com etc).
Thanks

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
AFAIK there was never a package. I compiled it up in scratchbox. Once 2008OS comes out I will probably try and recompile it. It doesn't seem worth it trying to bother in the mean time.