Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
Hi!

I know there is a port for Nokia 770/800, but would it work with n900? At least I think it would be easy to port for n900?

I think there are lot of ultima fans craving for this

Last edited by kankeus; 2010-02-08 at 12:55.

I think the most popular games for earlier Maemo versions will be ported to Maemo 5 after the release of the N900. Until then you'll either have to try to run the older versions (if they work, because some does, some doesn't) or you'll just have to be patient, as the majority doesn't even have the device already (if you don't have it either, then you don't have to worry about anything... yet).

The Following User Says Thank You to c0rt3x For This Useful Post:
Sounds good! I have pre-ordered my N900, so I have to wait patiently anyway...

Thank you for your answer!

Anyone up to this? It would be great!

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ France
Originally Posted by kankeus View Post
Anyone up to this? It would be great!
I downloaded the source from http://exult.sourceforge.net/ and I tried to setup the SDK environment but the thing is that I'm not that familiar with the Maemo SDK / sandbox 2 environment.
If anyone that has already worked with compiling stuff for maemo can give try, it woudl be great. I don't think it should be too difficult given that it hardly has any GUI to adapt from the desktop version and it would be worthwhile to have a decent RPG game for the platform.
If no one does, I'll try to work on it next week if I find the time...

-=AC=-

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
THIS WILL PROBABLY NOT WORK (may ruin your phone, yada yada...)! but I compiled a version, I just don't have ultima or know how to setup the configuration file properly so can't really test it. I had to cleanup the code in a bunch of places to make it compile in gcc 4.
Also no .desktop so you will have to run it from the terminal for now.
If it works, tell me and I might finish cleaning it up and packing it.

Try it from:
http://www.2shared.com/file/11466174...bin-12tar.html

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dbrodie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Orleans, LA, USA
pupnik already did this, the 7x0 version works on the N900 but you need to create a game to load first on the pc. Also the hard keyboard doesn't work so you'll need to use a soft keyboard for X for input. Dont' even know if it works, but maybe if we all beg pupnik, he'll revisit this for the 900! Ultima 7 is THE best RPG of all time . Maybe thats a slight exageration, but its the first must have port I grabbed for my Zaurus SL-C3000 almost half a decade ago.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
Why not try DosBox and run the real ultima ?

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Orleans, LA, USA
have you tried any 386 games in dosbox? N900 build still wont run games designed for anything faster than an 8086 at full speed. Additionally there is the mouse cursor issue. No part of that plan really sounds desirable. finally, Exult has many feature enhancements that make it better than the original ultima 7 game engine.

Has anyone made any further progress getting exult running nicely on the N900? I would love to play through serpent isle again! Looking at the old conversation above it seems like it is already half way there...just need somebody with the knowhow to tie everything together for the N900.

Closed Thread