Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Originally Posted by Cybergr View Post
Guys i need your knowledge-advise here..

I had set up my N900 with Multiboot-00 Maemo omap1 kernel and 01-Power-kernel44 fixed all camera issues etc. and all seems to working perfect.

From inside Power-kernel44 i downloaded the H-e-n (USB Hostmode GUI) from application manager after restarting and booted up again normally without any issues in Power-Kernel44, i caught my AF to AF usb adapter and tried to connect to my usb stick (Sandisk SDCZ6 4gb) using the following steps:
1.High Speed Hostmode
2.Turned on 5v VBUS
3.Enumerate the Device
4.Mount it

The result i got was nothing...I can`t see my pen drive into the File Manager at all...Can someone help me on this to get it work please??!!

Thanks in advise.

PS:If i type sudo fdisk -l in the xterm ask me for a password...?!! ;-?
Exact same problem here..

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Piraeus Greece

I had set up my N900 with Multiboot-00 Maemo omap1 kernel and 01-Power-kernel44 fixed all camera issues etc. and all seems to working perfect.

From inside Power-kernel44 i downloaded the H-e-n (USB Hostmode GUI) from application manager after restarting and booted up again normally without any issues in Power-Kernel44, i caught my AF to AF usb adapter and tried to connect to my usb stick (Sandisk SDCZ6 4gb) using the following steps:
1.High Speed Hostmode
2.Turned on 5v VBUS
3.Enumerate the Device
4.Mount it

The result i got was nothing...I can`t see my pen drive into the File Manager at all...Can someone help me on this to get it work please??!!

Thanks in advise.

Updated to latest kernel-power45 still same results as before..everything seems working ok!!
But still same luck with File Mananger can`t recognise my Pen Drive as described before..!!Some help please!?

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus

1.High Speed Hostmode
2.Turned on 5v VBUS
3.Enumerate the Device
4.Mount it

Thanks in advise.

yep, same thing.Power kernel 44, connect my usb flash pen, nothing happens.Is there a way to troubleshoot this?Any commands we can run in terminal to see where the problem is?

Thanks

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ France, St Martin
im having the same problem cant not see my flash drive in file manager my led is blinking but nothing show up ,i update to latest titan power kernel and host gui 2.0.4 sometimes i get "unable to connect'' can anyone help me

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
@augustthe @sophocha @Cybergr @joshv06

Did you try to mount manually from xterm? Make the procedure normally(follow the steps into hen hostmode gui) press enumerate and open your xterm. Take root rights and run
Code:
sfdisk -l
to see the name of your device. If it is for example sda run
Code:
mount /dev/sda /media/flash
and you ll see it in your file manager. If you want to unmount it run
Code:
umount /dev/sda

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anapospastos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post

Did you try to mount manually from xterm? Make the procedure normally(follow the steps into hen hostmode gui) press enumerate and open your xterm. Take root rights and run
Code:
sfdisk -l
Code:
Code:
umount /dev/sda
Thanks for this.Although my usb stick doesn`t even light up, so it must be a dodgy adapter or something.I need to get another one and try one more time and see if I`m lucky.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post

Code:
sfdisk -l
Code:
Code:
umount /dev/sda

I finally read my usb stick in the file manager, although I had to first manually do
mkdir /media/flash
before I do
mount /dev/sda1 /media/flash
I thought the mount button in the GUI would take care of these.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to evan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Originally Posted by evan View Post
I finally read my usb stick in the file manager, although I had to first manually do
mkdir /media/flash
before I do
Confirmed, same thing works for me. Bug in H-E-N?

Thanks

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ France, St Martin
Originally Posted by evan View Post
mkdir /media/flash
before I do
thanks it works

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Can anyone confirm the newest version's mount button correctly handles multiple devices?
I hope dh_* chmod +x'd the script... if not, try chmod +x /opt/h-e-n/mount.sh in a root shell.

Tags
bada rox, detection, h-e-n, hostmode, speed, usb host