Active Topics

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Last year we had 8 categories (http://competition.meetmeego.org/) plus the beginner category.
I had last year the feeling we have toooo many cateories and not enought contributors. In the end it was fine, but I don't know how many developers are still around maemo for this year.

The probem with your third category is, that we can't test these apps due to lack of hardware (other tablets)...
Good point. I had this doubts already last year (I had a ExoPC, but who else) so I thought this is not a reason against such kind of applications.

So no Tablets, only maemo Mobiles.

Hm, but in this case... what about your mentioned N810?
I was at example born in the maemo world at the point the N900 was released. So no N810 over here.

We have 25 N950, so we should have about 12 categories.

I like your idea to spread the devices depending on the amount of submissions in each category, though.
Thanks. Perhaps "How to spread?" will get a different question. But lets see first which categories we could have this year.

I would vote for a special "Apps made by helex" category!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
25 Devices, 12 Categories?
IMHO I would like to avoid to create useless categories where there will be one/two entries, instead I would like to see the standard categories strengthened by giving prizes (device) until the 3rd or something like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
However, I already received an N950 from the original meego.com device program. Am I still eligible for this?

I of course wouldn't want another N950, but I could definitely use an N9.
Quim said that instead of N950s, N9s could be sended.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Quim said that instead of N950s, N9s could be sended.
The only problem is about logistics: 75 devices will have been hopefully sent by the time the Coding Competition winners are nominated. This means that we will have no choice at that point.

Let me know how many N950 / N9 you want for the prizes and we will act accordingly.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Hey guys!

I have a bunch of good ideas and stuff that'd be nice to do. Such as, releasing some of the unreleased apps for Harmattan, backporting my apps for Maemo 5, and I also have some new ideas to implement.

However, I already received an N950 from the original meego.com device program. Am I still eligible for this?

I of course wouldn't want another N950, but I could definitely use an N9.
LOL? As qgil stated in another thread, these N950s would be 'owned', so you can easily sell it and get 4 N9s in the process...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I think we'll take the N950s...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I think we'll take the N950s...
Hm, in this case I guess I would be unable to win anyting. I will participate anyway, but I just want to mention it...

Hm, the N950 devices from last year were lent, so perhaps it is fine to give it to someone else after receiving a new N950 (which is this time owned) from this compitition?

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
LOL? As qgil stated in another thread, these N950s would be 'owned', so you can easily sell it and get 4 N9s in the process...
Seriously?
Huh, that's awesome.
So, there's another question: am I eligible?

You can probably get 2000$ for one (if lucky? or is it low, considering 40 becoming available and hundreds are looking for such a toy, who knows if not more, legality of those could lower the price, all sold so far were illegally passed as loan prohibited this, so the price might go down, time will tell), for a second hand N9... maybe even 6:1 is the right appraisal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
I would like to participate, but I still need to learn QT. How long does one need to learn QT?
And is PyQT easier to learn?
Is PyQT better/worse than QT?
I did JAVA a little bit but don't know C+
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas