I'm thinking of getting the Proporta Leather Case to protect my n800. Has anyone got one of these? Can they be recommended? Or, is there something better out there?

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
I have the Proporta leather case, and while it certainly isn't perfect (the stand for example is useless), it is very good protection. It took me a while to get used to it, but I couldn't do without now. Besides, there are not a lot of cases around for the N800.

But see for yourself in this excellent Tabletblog review: REVIEW

I'll recommend it!

Last edited by Frankowitz; 2007-07-25 at 13:16.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
The Proporta case protects very well its content and allows almost all functions (except usb connections). The 770 model was much more stilish, though :-)

I use the Proporta case. Remove the kickstand permanantly if you really must have usb/SD card access often but don't wish to remove the N800 from the case every time.

The Following User Says Thank You to luketoh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Jersey, USA
I use PDAir case (Book type), it works pretty well. As with other cases you can't use stand (and plug in USB cable), but it is easy enough to take the devise out/put it back in.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Slightly off-topic: I think the position of the USB connection is a major design flaw.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Marlow, Bucks
darbax - I have the Proporta case and I highly recommend it - mainly because it offers absolutely rock solid screen protection thanks to the aluminium sheet in the cover.

I tend to keep the N800 naked when I am at home for easy access to the USB port, and put it in the Proporta case whenever I go out - when it is at risk of damage.

You can see a mini-review I wrote about it in my N800 blog if you are interested.

Hi,

I converted my kids unused Nintendo DS Lite case to store the N800. I cut out the inside plastic and velcro the N800 to the case. A lot of NDS lite case are perfect for conversion and cost less than $10.

CJ

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ New Mexico, USA
The Case Logic PLT-2 Strongman PDA Case gets my vote. It's not minimal by any means, but it's a fully armored beast and keeps the unit safe in all conditions.

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-PLT...5397244&sr=8-1

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
Here is my vote for best case...

I have the Boxwave silicone case, and it works great for me. It's available in three colors, and it gives me a good, non-slip grip on the N800. Plus, in my car, I can set it anywhere without it sliding all around. Here is the link:

http://www.boxwave.com/products/flex...-n800_2569.htm

Here is a thread I started a few months ago regarding my solution to the covered USB port. I simply removed the stand since I never once used it, then used a hole punch to make a hole in the silicone case. Problem solved, now I never need to remove the N800 or the cards to access the files on them.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=6667

Go to the second page of that thread and you will find a link to the flickr photos I took of the case. I know it doesn't have any hard screen protection, but I did put a Boxwave screen protector on it, plus I usually carry the N800 in my Tumi bag along with all my other toys.