Active Topics

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
mine has aged honorably, but it has some wounds.

screen has a deep scratch from falling face first on gravel, sim tray had to be adapted because the upper left corner has a dent, matte coating is basically gone all over, back shows the line from the rubber case, plastic between usb flap and audio jack is gone and shows bare metal.

I love it that way, the only problem is the sim tray - one of the small hooks that hold it in broke off so the rubber case has to hold it in place - but it still keeps "forgetting" the sim card and I have to re-enter the sim 50 times a day.

but I have a Jolla, so everything's fine

The Following User Says Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by morito View Post
I can upload a picture.
Please do, I'd like to see how it has aged.
Mine is in pretty non-aged condition, since I always have used the silicone cover on it.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Had mine in the silicone cover all the time. Dropped it twice, and both lower corners are dented. Screen has some minor scratches, nothing serious. The backside is speckled, must be from the silicone cover. A line is visible as well, originating from the form in which the silicone was shaped. The photo was taken after cleaning it a bit.
(Photo taken with Jolla. Shows up alright on the phone and in Windows Explorer. Somehow it uploads upside down?)
Attached Images

Last edited by rob_kouw; 2014-01-14 at 21:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Mine broken screen at bottom left corner, usb cover broken. Screen has some scrash. I still use a case to protect. Battery is still fine. I intend when the batter is getting worse, i will bring to sv to replace screen, battery, and change to cover from blk to cyan. Still in love with mine.

The Following User Says Thank You to tonyhuynh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
Had mine in the silicone cover all the time. Dropped it twice, and both lower corners are dented. Screen has some minor scratches, nothing serious. The backside is speckled, must be from the silicone cover. A line is visible as well, originating from the form in which the silicone was shaped. The photo was taken after cleaning it a bit.
(Photo taken with Jolla. Shows up alright on the phone and in Windows Explorer. Somehow it uploads upside down?)
mine looks pretty much same as yours haha.. maybe a bit smoother with the colouring though

iv had a few dents in corners and near the bezel next to the screen D:

The Following User Says Thank You to toki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Just486 View Post
The black N9 has a matte (well, at least it is matte for about a month) coating on the top of the polycarbonate house. In some (most) cases it gets shiny by time and starts to peel off on the edges after a while, making the device look ugly.
Perhaps you could provide a picture. There's evidence whatsoever of any such coating on my 2yr old N9, nor do I understand why one would actually be necessary.

Last edited by strongm; 2014-01-15 at 00:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
mine is perfect except some cracks on the top...my coat's zipper hit the phone few times when it was in my pocket. it's made of metal and i did not noticed in time what the heck made these cracks

btw does anybody know where can i order a new genuine N9 bumper?

Last edited by ViBE; 2015-03-20 at 13:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to ViBE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Bavaria Germany
Originally Posted by ViBE View Post
btw does anybody know where can i order a new genuine N9 bumper?
Nokia CC-1020 Soft Cover seems available yet - expensive too, black only?

Tags
nokia n9