Posts: 204 | Thanked: 754 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
No updates, everything is on hold, if anyone has changes/updates to anything I'll gladly push them to repository.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
Hi, does this build take into account the /bin /sbin /lib --> usr/ merge?

I did very little configuring -- your repo was already there in /etc/pacman.conf, but I did change the server from the default 'dropbox' one to the 'alarm-n900' one.

At the '-Syu' update stage it gave me
Code:
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
filesystem: /bin exists in filesystem
which after a quick google revealed this:
https://www.archlinux.org/news/binar...-intervention/

I then did something very stupid in the chroot:
Code:
mv /bin/* /usr/bin/
rm -rf /bin
ln -s /usr/bin /bin
(^I did the above for /sbin and /lib too).

This seems like it would work in my head (assuming that /usr really is mounted from initramfs), but when I tried to chroot back into the environment it was giving me the same error message as before.

Thoughts?

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Poland
The last rootfs is fine (but if you have an old install, then probably it is wrong). It was fixed around the page 45-46 of this topic, if you want to look for more info. I guess you need to update the system in the way mentioned in the link from your post.

The Following User Says Thank You to orsoniasty For This Useful Post:
cheers, I did search the thread but didn't use the right keyword I guess

Edit: Used the new 201306 rootfs, synced, reboot, working fine --
Thanks to all!

Last edited by tetris11_; 2013-11-28 at 19:04.

tetris11_, now that you've set that up, could you check out how much breakage there is with the custom packages? I haven't done anything with this for quite some time now..

The Following User Says Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
Well the xf86-video-fbdev-git driver seems to work very well after I installed literally every xorg package under the sun.

Which custom packages specifically are you referring to? I'll be happy to test but I cant seem to find any on the main page.

The Following User Says Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
-------(ot serios ot) -------enlighten me a bit on intel gma 500 as i got a decent deal on a netbook (dell inspiron mini). i am pretty noob so cant figure out how much exactly is the mess .The gpu in question is from intel but has a powervr graphics core so no normal linux driver for it as i figured out so i want to know from you guys will i be able to use linux (ubuntu debian arch) on it i want the ui to be usable and decent video playback (not getting the mplayer multi threading thing with some api) some lame links to assist with https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/poulsbo and https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...eoCardsPoulsbo so currently how capable is poulsbo in linux (if its possible to get them running normal and video playback i can take the effort to learn it ) thanx

Last edited by nokiabot; 2013-12-06 at 15:14.

I'd skip that one and get something decent instead. You'll probably never get a driver with support for video/3D acceleration. I've understood that it does work pretty well unaccelerated these days though.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Skry View Post
I'd skip that one and get something decent instead. You'll probably never get a driver with support for video/3D acceleration. I've understood that it does work pretty well unaccelerated these days though.
yep got it misson aborted thanx

Well, I don't know how good the deal was, so, if you get that almost for nothing you might as well buy it as long as you don't expect miracles from it. On the other hand, if you keep looking for awhile, you'll probably find something similar or even better in the same price range. IMO about the only positive side in modern tech is that it's dirt cheap.