Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Please take the maximum excuse i can give.
I completely forgot about the competition over hacking on the Proš

Now i do not even have an entry. I'll take that as sufficient punishment.

I am very reliefed to see Pichlo kept the timeline.
That's another beer on me when we shall meet!

My vote goes to Maemish.
The order you found to display your knives is just amazing and looks very organic. As if you threw them in place with precise draws.
Also you displayed the one knife i was after and hoped to be part of the competition. I once built my own leuku with a finnish school friend taught by his father. I lost it stupidly but my respect for finnish knife culture was born from the versatility of this knife and its easy assembly.

Fellfroschs Badlander Knife is indeed an impressive utillity shown in a great shot. Do you dismantle Dear with that?

Koiruus, i really like the leading lines in your scissors. Good perspective!

Eson showed of his shiny delicate filet knive. Nice piece! I bet you can bequeath that to your grandchildren and some generations further if handled correctly.

sulu, It's not about the size, there is a special appliance for everything :P

Thanks Rob for the cutting edge of another kind. Good lighting in the picture, i like the mood.
+1 for Hickory handle!

DDarks not blades but cutting edge tech is also very well shot. The spacing and composition especially stands out to me.

Catbus, where is the topic? Did i miss something

Pichlos trilogy has two highlights and one ewww for me. The knife on the right is a sheer danger for kitchen use imo. I know many people have those things and do all unthinkable tasks with it. But be advised, the blade is just to small to operate safely. For any kitchen work apart from peeling, a min 16cm chefs or Santoku knife is what everyone should at least use. The larger blade makes the knife less dangerous because you can safely estimate where the cutting edge is. And that should be far away from your fingers
Your other two knives i applaud and wish you endless fun with them. I really need to get one of those key ring things you show off.

Drunk netman has a steady hand. Not to imagine what kind of crisp pictures we will see when he sobers up for next competition.
Cool Pocket knife also. The handle must feel really sleek.

I like the depth and composition of kinggos picture. Now i see what you ment with strong breaks.

Wohoo, swiss pocket knives. No idea how many i have had but that color and motive is missing. I had an uncle who business traveled switzerland often and brought one everytime. Don't know how many times i have cut myself due to the blade not being locked
Cool shot also!

Thanks for your all participation and sorry again for missing out. At least i got some output on the Proš front accomplished.

Hope you all had some decent Days and i wish all the best, especially perfect health for you and your loved ones in 2020 and beyond.

Last edited by mosen; 2019-12-30 at 00:11. Reason: typos over typos, cheers

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Catbus, where is the topic? Did i miss something
Maybe i did but you did not readed so deeply as usually:

"The cutting edge "phrase" can be understood in many ways and i understood it in my way. That is why I chose this picture because it is hopefully possible to combine time as an attribute with this subject.

I took this selfie with timer... - In picture i'm on the edge of the box. The work is done for now and after that a small vacation is starting... - This is cutting edge, of time, for me... "

And there was something about christmas too... There were so much nice picture of knives and i only had that Elf

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 458 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland
My vote goes for #1 Maemish.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pentona For This Useful Post:
#2 Fellfrosh

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
#4 eson
fck 10 char

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Fellfroschs Badlander Knife is indeed an impressive utillity shown in a great shot. Do you dismantle Dear with that?
Oh Dear! No Dear but deer, my Dear.

That´s my knife for travelling. I cut all what is to cut on holiday: onions, fish ropes.... and sometimes even deer.... but never my Dear.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
well...... there's a first time for everything. Many of them were described as quiet and peaceful neighbours..... And dear just went to see her mother.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
sulu, It's not about the size, there is a special appliance for everything :P
ITYM application. An appliance is a device like a fridge or a washing machine.
Or maybe you did mean appliance. In that case, hats off for the depth of your thought.

Thanks for your feedback. Regarding your criticism of our kitchen knife length, it depends on what you use it for. We have about two dozen knives of different lengths and shapes. This is the one we find ourselves using the most often, because the tasks we do the most often require a blade about that long. Don't worry, I take a bigger knife to peel a pineapple

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
In that case, hats off for the depth of your thought.
Even a blind chicken finds corn sometimes

Good to read you took my rant right.
It's just what i see when demoing knifes that lets me assume the worst all the time and turns me into captain obvious to prevent the worst

Especially the now famous "Avocado Hand" is strictly caused by people using the wrong tools imo.

And Fellfrosch, sorry about the Deer.
It was obviously late yesterday... But i had a good crack up when all of you pointed it out

Last edited by mosen; 2019-12-30 at 12:01.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Nothing to say sorry for. I had a good lough and I hope my answer was taken like it was meant: fun.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition