Active Topics

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
It's interesting to see how the retailers are tweaking their (preorder) prices as we get closer to launch. It's obviously being adjusted based on the coming orders and also the messages from the competitors (and principal).

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by joeD View Post
That is a shame that they are not as loud, but are they the same quality?

I think the N810 has amazing sound quality for a pocket device and was hoping the n900 was on par if not exceeding the N810 in this area.
I can't answer definitively but I would say it's about the same quality. There was too much background noise to be certain but it sounded decent.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
The N900's speakers are about the same quality as the N810's -- especially good for using the speaker phone. What's better, though, is the quality (and volume) when using headphones -- even Bluetooth A2DP. So much nicer than the N810.

Tim

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
I tryed today at the the flagship store the phone is off the hook the guy there told me they will be pushing it back till mid nov that they got a letter from nokia headquarters i hope this is no true cause i see on the homepage here that is coming out the 27 of this month here is a reply to some one asking me my like and dislikes of the phone.

Well i like how fast it is having the n97 you can really see how fast it is when going from wallpaper to wallpaper and having pages loading. The size? I had look at a lot of pics of the phone and youtube vids where people had put the n97 right next to the n900 and the n900 didnt look that much bigger but when you really do have it in front of you and in your hands it is much bigger well to me it was i dont know if this is good or bad thing because i was happy with the size i felt like the n97 was the size for a female and the n900 was more for a man. The speakers were good i mean i was able to hear the songs from the music player and it was people in the store and the store had there own music playing but i couldnt tell if they were better then the n96 that phone to me had the best speakers from all the nseries phones. Now to the web browser this had to be the best web browser i have ever use in my life on a phone. In my short time using it the flash player in the phone makes web browser so much better and sealed the deal for me to get the phone. I dont know if remember when the Iphone phone came out they were saying before the phone came out that this is how the web should look like you are on a computer well no the n900 shows you how the web should look no blue boxes cause there is no flash player. I went to this site that i allways go on to test the phones web browser and it load just it would on my home computer and when i clicked on a song on the site it play clearly now i know u can do this with skyfire but the song wont sound good on the n900 it sounded like it was play from my computer. ok to rap this up i do want to say i wanted to find out more things about the phone like how does it work on 3g the phone was on wifi in the store so u know that eveything is going to load fast also when the guy said that he would let me see the n900 he said i had to wait for it to charge so this brings something else i would like to know the battery life i asked the guy that let me see the phone and he could not tell me he stated that he didnt bring it home to see yet but all and all this phone will i think be the best phone ever and i have had a lot of phones nokia n95 n96 now n97 also had iphone 1st gen and iphone 3gs oh yea and a g1.

The Following User Says Thank You to law138 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by law138 View Post
i felt like the n97 was the size for a female and the n900 was more for a man.
From this wall of text, this is pretty much the only line I was able to understand... and... I don't really understand it either.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Thanks for the report, but it would have been better if you appended it to the already running thread: Hands on with the N900 : Community Thread

It's nice to have all information in one place

-lorelei

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Thanks for the report, but it would have been better if you appended it to the already running thread: Hands on with the N900 : Community Thread

It's nice to have all information in one place

-lorelei
Thread merged.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
I'll post all of my under-one-hour's experience, but the first strongest impression was how multi-tasky the N900 is.

I don't know where the performance starts to suffer, but in my finger-on-screen time and in two days' observing others using it, I saw many, many windows/apps open and never a sign of a slow-down.

I don't expect a pocket device to replace a netbook or laptop, but when I'm using it in lieu of a larger-in-every-way machine, I don't want to keep running into barriers that remind me of that.

The barriers have to be there. But I didn't catch sight of a one. Unbelievable.

RogerS

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RogerS For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RogerS View Post
I'll post all of my under-one-hour's experience, but the first strongest impression was how multi-tasky the N900 is.

I don't know where the performance starts to suffer, but in my finger-on-screen time and in two days' observing others using it, I saw many, many windows/apps open and never a sign of a slow-down.

I don't expect a pocket device to replace a netbook or laptop, but when I'm using it in lieu of a larger-in-every-way machine, I don't want to keep running into barriers that remind me of that.

RogerS

Makes me very happy to read this. That was my biggest gripe with android phones I have used.

Also Multi-Tasky should be added to the lexicon

Originally Posted by RogerS View Post

RogerS
That's really good to hear. Imagine what things will be like when the ARM Cortex A9 (multicore) processors finally show up in mobile devices.

Ahhh, good times.

Tags
n900, pre-release, review, user review