Posts: 139 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
snx uses bash syntax, so it will work if your shell is bash or ash (even busybox's ash).
If possible, make sure your shell is bash (I'll look into using a more compatible sh syntax)
Ah, I just needed to set the default shell to bash on the server side and it started working.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by shapeshifter View Post
No offence, but did you even read my post? I explicitly mentioned my PATH (which includes /opt/NX/bin) and that nxagent does indeed work on the server...
No offence taken, nor intended
I'm just asking a sincere question, although it may look redundant to you.
Please, do as I say, ssh login with the same account into the server and type nxagent. If it doesn't work, then your path is at fault, if it does work, then we have to look further.

EDIT: Ah, by the way, do not use "startx" as the remote command in snx. Use a command to start your favourite windowmanager (startxfce4, startkde, icewm, fvwm2, ...) or even xterm. startx is meant to start the X environment from the console.

Last edited by maacruz; 2011-08-21 at 18:48.

I'm just asking a sincere question, although it may look redundant to you.
Ah okay, in that case we just misunderstood each other. What I was trying to say was: If I do log in (with the same user I use when launching snx) at the server and run nxagent, it works:

Code:
[archer@jackfruit ~]$ nxagent

NXAGENT - Version 3.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2011 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Agent running with pid '18419'.
Session: Starting session at 'Sun Aug 21 20:47:52 2011'.
Error: Aborting session with 'Unable to open display '''.
Session: Aborting session at 'Sun Aug 21 20:47:52 2011'.
Session: Session aborted at 'Sun Aug 21 20:47:52 2011'.
I obfuscated the user and domain in the last post, but it's the same of course.

EDIT: Ah, by the way, do not use "startx" as the remote command in snx. Use a command to start your favourite windowmanager (startxfce4, startkde, icewm, fvwm2, ...) or even xterm. startx is meant to start the X environment from the console.
Mh, but I use .xinitrc on the server to start the session (it's custom). For example the normal nxclient (for desktops and such) has an option 'start the default X client script on server', as seen in this screenshot:

Should I run "bash ./.xinitrc" or something to run that session?
  • "ytcli", a simple but effective command line youtube client which allows you to play videos from the CLI instantly or download videos on a queue.

Last edited by shapeshifter; 2011-08-21 at 18:51.

Ah okay, in that case we just misunderstood each other. What I was trying to say was: If I do log in (with the same user I use when launching snx) at the server and run nxagent, it works:

I obfuscated the user and domain in the last post, but it's the same of course.
Thanks, just double-checking.
I think it is just a confusing error message because everything server-side is just in a long line.

Last edited by maacruz; 2011-08-21 at 19:05.

Should I run "bash ./.xinitrc" or something to run that session?
You can try that but don't forget the quotes, or the .xinitrc script directly if it is executable.

EDIT: I just noticed a syntax error in your command line. It is "snx -d account command", not "snx account -d command"

Last edited by maacruz; 2011-08-21 at 19:10.

You can try that but don't forget the quotes, or the .xinitrc script directly if it is executable.

EDIT: I just noticed a syntax error in your command line. It is "snx -d account command", not "snx account -d command"
Code:
snx -d myaccount@myserver "~/.xinitrc"
worked for me (notice the quotes)

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ United States
I've been having a bit of trouble with visual corruption (especially of images) - say in firefox, as well as when I switch back into NX from the application switcher. Any thoughts on resolving this issue?

Originally Posted by AndrewX192 View Post
I've been having a bit of trouble with visual corruption (especially of images) - say in firefox, as well as when I switch back into NX from the application switcher. Any thoughts on resolving this issue?
None. I've never seen any corruption in my N810, so it may be something specific of the NX build for the N900.

Hey, how can I change keyboard layout with snx? And that cool script doesn't work with zsh on host

Originally Posted by vasily_pupkin View Post
Hey, how can I change keyboard layout with snx? And that cool script doesn't work with zsh on host
The keyboard layout is transferred from the Nxx0 to the host, so you have to change the keyboard layout in your Nxx0.
No, it doesn't work with zsh, it is bash syntax, zsh is not bash compatible. I'll make that clear in the first post.

Tags
remote desktop