Active Topics

Tomi Ahonen may overstate things but his points are all valid. I've yet to see anybody here dispute him point by point instead of indulging in general attacks.

I don't know how true this article facts are http://redd.it/sqz5w. But I agree, that elop wrong statements on burning platform really affected symbian & meego ecosystems. Who in the world will kill his inhouse products, even after N9 is praised everywhere. Certainly he's a **hole & not eligible as CEO

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Tomi is a dead wood, who should retire and stop spewing misinformation. He should realize that pre-Elop team set up the disaster conditions. Even in 2008, I remember NOKIA reps in the US running around scared of what the iphone will do to them. And they didnt re-group. Tomi needs to go away, peacefully

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Tomi is a dead wood, who should retire and stop spewing misinformation. He should realize that pre-Elop team set up the disaster conditions. Even in 2008, I remember NOKIA reps in the US running around scared of what the iphone will do to them. And they didn't re-group. Tomi needs to go away, peacefully
OMG You need to shut up!
Elop is the one most destructive force. There is no pre Elop team setting up anything negative that will endanger their jobs other than some bloat that could have been dealt with much better than sending in a little fat waddling western ihop chef looking microsoft trojan horse CEO straight out of star trek (remember those fat guys that would steal others technology in star trek?).

Elop: "I'm smart. I lay off thousands and send production to Asia, ha ha, ....I'm Smart.
Noone will think of that, I'm Smart. I steal N9 design and put windows in it instead, ha ha. I'm Smart"

Man **** you!
What are you talking about, look at the news headlines! Look at the stocks! Look at the NOKIA shrinking market share! You need to shut the F up! You need to stop talking NOW seriously.

OK, wait a second, why did I just reply to someone called lumiaman?
*sigh nevermind
Searching for ignore option now sorry for getting upset at nonsense

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
OMG You need to shut up!
Elop is the one most destructive force. There is no pre Elop team setting up anything negative that will endanger their jobs other than some bloat that could have been dealt with much better than sending in a little fat waddling western ihop chef looking microsoft trojan horse CEO straight out of star trek (remember those fat guys that would steal others technology in star trek?).

Elop: "I'm smart. I lay off thousands and send production to Asia, ha ha, ....I'm Smart.
Noone will think of that, I'm Smart. I steal N9 design and put windows in it instead, ha ha. I'm Smart"

Man **** you!
What are you talking about, look at the news headlines! Look at the stocks! Look at the NOKIA shrinking market share! You need to shut the F up! You need to stop talking NOW seriously.

OK, wait a second, why did I just reply to someone called lumiaman?
*sigh nevermind
Searching for ignore option now sorry for getting upset at nonsense
Don't let the door hit you on your way out

I just can't take this guy (Ahonen) seriously anymore after he suggested that Nokia should bring a new Symbian flagship model to the market with some quadripod mechanism for scanning business cards using the phone camera. And this was about an year ago.

If he's so out of touch what features smartphones should have how can he have anything useful to say about the smartphone operating systems?

Originally Posted by gaichuke View Post
I just can't take this guy (Ahonen) seriously anymore after he suggested that Nokia should bring a new Symbian flagship model to the market with some quadripod mechanism for scanning business cards using the phone camera. And this was about an year ago.

If he's so out of touch what features smartphones should have how can he have anything useful to say about the smartphone operating systems?
If he he had suggested a year ago that Nokia should release a cutting edge 41MP camera on Symbian you would have roasted him too won't you? Yet the Nokia PureView 808 is heading for a hit with the interest it has excited so far.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
If he he had suggested a year ago that Nokia should release a cutting edge 41MP camera on Symbian you would have roasted him too won't you? Yet the Nokia PureView 808 is heading for a hit with the interest it has excited so far.
That is an irrelevant argument as PureView is actually very useful and innovative technology opposed to the crap he suggested.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
There is no doubt that he's a trojan horse.

Ultimately, i don't think Microsoft will buy Nokia outright though. I think Elop will continue to run the company into the ground and when things are at rock bottom, bits get sold off here and there, it will just be the patents that Microsoft are interested in.

There's more money in licensing fees than going to the bother of making a product yourself.

They will also do this with Xbox at some point. Basically someone like Samsung will build it and just pay M$ for the privilege.

We're really entering a time of stagnation where smartphones are concerned, sure they'll get a bit faster but there's no real innovation.

In 2009 i was using a E71 running Symbian, when i read about the N900 and Maemo i was truly excited about the possibilities.

I bought it and still use it. I'm a guy who likes the latest gadgets, if there truly was anything better out there that was worth having, i'd have bought it.

The ongoing patent wars between Apple, Google, Motorola, Nokia, Microsoft etc, will drag out over the next few years. Microsoft rarely lose out in these battles.

This is how they'll leverage Windows Phone, by crippling the opposition legally. They were never going to gain market share by having a great platform.

Apple are still making profits on Steve Jobs ideas, when Tim Cook starts having his own ideas, that's when Apple will fall away a bit as nothing lasts forever.

It's not too late for Nokia, but they really need to act quickly on replacing Elop. We all know in our hearts that this won't happen though... he'll see his project through and then blame it on sleeping satelites or whatever else pops into his head.

Maemo could have been special, all it needed was a few more devices and possibly a renaming of the OS to something better. Biggest mistake they ever made was dropping it.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Tomi is a dead wood, who should retire and stop spewing misinformation. He should realize that pre-Elop team set up the disaster conditions. Even in 2008, I remember NOKIA reps in the US running around scared of what the iphone will do to them. And they didnt re-group. Tomi needs to go away, peacefully
So pre-elop team set up the disaster? They're the ones who created meego/the N9, which has won lots and lots of praise. They're the ones who developed the 808... which again. is getting huge amounts of interest and that technology isn't on any other phone (let alone, any dedicated camera)

Anyway, I know you're a troll Lumiaman so i'm not going to bother with you

Last edited by Dared; 2012-04-25 at 07:59.

Tags
blame game, elop the m0ron, goodbyenokia, lumiatard, mistertard, the nokia bash, what's next