Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by hstende View Post
Why does it say it support omap if it doesn't?

From gnash usermanual:
HWAccel string Specify the type of Hardware Video Decoder. Currently only vaapi, omap, xv or none are supported. None disables any acceleration support (the default).
planned stuff never implemented or completed mostly due to lack of resources and such.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Last edited by mece; 2011-03-23 at 21:58.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
well, i tried a different tack but failed also.

i tried to compile mplayer-vaapi on easy debian. ffmpeg claimed it had hw acceleration for a lot of codecs but wasn't telling the truth!

i installed libva-dev before the compilation which is probably why ffmpeg was boasting, but i now think libva needs a chipset specific backend which we don't have for the n900.

having said that i did notice some vaapi stuff going on in meego land, so it's not completely over yet... maybe we can get the libva backends from them.

i guess this now goes into hibernation for a bit, but at least we have a better idea of what we need.

Originally Posted by mece View Post
planned stuff never implemented or completed mostly due to lack of resources and such.
i see you've filed a bug report for their omap false advertising.. thanks.

I attempted to compile the openvg branch of Gnash on the SDK. It detected the GLES headers and compiled the renderer for them, and gnash tells me that I can use vaapi as a hwaccel option. Unfortunately, the program segfaults when I load a flash, which may be because I added some sloppy hacks while compiling. I'll try again and see what I get.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sazpaimon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mece View Post
What are you talking about @leetnoob? Cairo works fine. It seems slower than agg though.

Where's a good place to dump some files for the public?
mece, do you have any debs/whatever with gst compiled in, i'd like to experiment. or did we already try the gst / agg combo?

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by leetnoob View Post
mece, do you have any debs/whatever with gst compiled in, i'd like to experiment. or did we already try the gst / agg combo?
Actually gst / agg is the one that worked best.

Edit: I'll compile one with everything that works. (gst + ffmpg, sdl + qt, agg + cairo) then you can choose from command line.

EDIT: Apparently the compile failed on something anyway. Lemme know if it's needed.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Last edited by mece; 2011-04-01 at 17:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
hi mece, actually no need now. i got gst hardware acceleration working with easy debian and downloaded the gnash .89 debs from debian.

what i found is as follows:

1. xv,vaapi, and presumably omap hw acceleration count for nothing
2. the secret sauce is gst hw playback, which gnash has
3. gst integration is wasted as gnash isn't even flash 9 actionscript compatible.

i went to a heavy flash 9 video website and it couldn't even display the player, so it never even got to the point where it could hand over the playback to gst.

it's worthwhile keeping an eye on gnash, as they release every 6 months, so who knows how gnash actionscript will look in 6 months, so it looks promising, but it's not ready yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leetnoob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by leetnoob View Post
hi mece, actually no need now. i got gst hardware acceleration working with easy debian and downloaded the gnash .89 debs from debian.

what i found is as follows:

1. xv,vaapi, and presumably omap hw acceleration count for nothing
2. the secret sauce is gst hw playback, which gnash has
3. gst integration is wasted as gnash isn't even flash 9 actionscript compatible.

i went to a heavy flash 9 video website and it couldn't even display the player, so it never even got to the point where it could hand over the playback to gst.

it's worthwhile keeping an eye on gnash, as they release every 6 months, so who knows how gnash actionscript will look in 6 months, so it looks promising, but it's not ready yet.
Could you post the build anyway? I would really like a working build of gnash, even if it doesn't support Flash 9 (I am doing a lot of work with Flash 8 currently).

The Following User Says Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by skykooler View Post
Could you post the build anyway? I would really like a working build of gnash, even if it doesn't support Flash 9 (I am doing a lot of work with Flash 8 currently).
if you'd like to do it with easy debian, first enable easy debian gstreamer hardware acceleration

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...894#post979894

then download gnash .89 and gnash-tools via synaptic

don't use the lxde desktop, but do everything through the easydebian maemo chroot terminal

the gnash user manual, which is slightly out of date is here

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/manual/gnashuser.html

the developer reference manual is here

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/manual/gnashref.html

edit: just remember launch *everything* from the maemo easy debian terminal.

Last edited by leetnoob; 2011-04-02 at 20:02.

also a big thank you to the d**khead who added the tags 'fail be4 horse'. it's nice to get encouragement and all the people who were involved in days worth of compilations and experiments may still continue experimenting with the next release of gnash but not be so eager to share any successful hacks. i'm certainly not going to. a**hole. go away and suck the energy out of some other community.

Last edited by leetnoob; 2011-04-02 at 20:16.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to leetnoob For This Useful Post: