Posts: 62 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Kerava
MADDE does not support any autotools!!! You were just lucky if command
'mad ./configure' worked on your environment.
And note that pkg-config and ./configure are not related each others. ./configure script might call pkg-config in some phase or not.

Last edited by rontti; 2011-03-22 at 08:38.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sorocaba, Brasil
Hi rontti,

Well, first of all, I do not know why you think we do not know the difference between configure and pkg-config. I do not see nothing in the posts in this thread that could drive you to think so.

In the second hand, I'm sorry but you are only half right about the support of autotools: madde does not support the whole set of autotools, but only a tailored set of them.

And of course it supports both configure and pkg-config. If you do not believe you only need to check the official example of compiling a GTK+ app with madde:

http://wiki.maemo.org/MADDE/GTK_Example

By the way, this thread is not about what madde is able to do off-the-shelf, but about what it can be forced to do with the right set of patches, some of them published by me in previous posts of this thread.

Maybe, we will fail miserably or maybe not. Anyway, thanks for your support. But anyway thanks for your support ;-(

Originally Posted by figaro View Post
@dalonso
okay, I've tried this

Code:
$ export PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/c/NokiaQtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/sysroots/fremantle-arm-sysroot-20.2010.36-2-slim/usr/lib/pkgconfig
$ mad pkg-config --modversion purple

$ mad ./configure --host armel
checking for intltool-update... no
checking for intltool-merge... no
checking for intltool-extract... no
configure: error: The intltool scripts were not found. Please install intltool.
Hmm, seems that I missed intltool. will try to install it later, but at least it's halfway working now
Thanks a lot for your answers. I'll post the result later if I manage to successfully build it. Thanks again
I kept wondering how come MADDE couldn't find intltool while it's already there at NokiaQtSDK\Maemo\4.6.2\sysroots\fremantle-arm-sysroot-20.2010.36-2-slim\usr\bin ,and found out that it should be at NokiaQtSDK\Maemo\4.6.2\bin instead

now next problem occurs

checking for xgettext... no
checking for msgmerge... no
checking for msgfmt... no
checking for gmsgfmt... no
configure: error: GNU gettext tools not found; required for intltool

I've downloaded both armel and i386 deb from http://maemo.org/packages/view/gettext and copy the contents manually to both paths I mentioned above but still won't work

/bin/xgettext: /bin/xgettext: cannot execute binary file

I thought I can just run ELF files directly from MADDE (some kind of linux emulation) but apparently it's not

Tags
bada rox