Notices

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of a way to change a ringtone for a single contact number?

My website sends me a text message when someone buys something, So id like to change it to a "cha ching" sound

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
yes, search on the forum knows it, it will show you few hacks and programs, as well you can always try to search the key word(in your case ringtone) in app manager(or fast application manager). good luck =)

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Switzerland
I think you can't for a single contact, but for group(s) yes.

Check the mycontact app

Originally Posted by manvik60 View Post
I think you can't for a single contact, but for group(s) yes.

Check the mycontact app
There is an app to create groups and you can assign a ring tone for each group.

There is however a separate app that does allow you to assign a ring tone for a single contact.

I am no expert but if you ask me I find it disgraceful that you need apps on the N900 to do things Nokia phones have been doing out of the box for over ten years. Talk about moving backwards.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
There is an app to create groups and you can assign a ring tone for each group.

There is however a separate app that does allow you to assign a ring tone for a single contact.

I am no expert but if you ask me I find it disgraceful that you need apps on the N900 to do things Nokia phones have been doing out of the box for over ten years. Talk about moving backwards.
...BUT! You can also do things with it that most mobile device manufacturers haven't even dreamed of yet! I mean look at all the apps that the iPhone needs to do even the most basic of things we take for granted on most Nokia phones!

It's VERY important to remember this is a mobile computer first!! ...and "oh yeah, it can also make phone calls" comes in a very distant second!

It's a trade-off for sure, but personally I am happy with the device leaning towards the mobile computer side instead of the phone side! Even though I do wish it had custom contact ringtones, it's not a deal breaker for me like say, no microSD or no QWERTY!

Thanks guys,
ill take a look for an app.

On another note:

While i agree that its a shame it doesnt do it out of the box, I suppose if an app can fix it then thats great ( less stuff installed by default )

Also i have to agree with Inacurate, If it didnt work or was completely impossible, Id still be happy with the N900.

Its my first real smart type phone.. Yeah ive had an N95 8Gb but this is my first decent one. ( Im NEVER going with apple. So im extremely happy with this.. ( shame it isnt just a tad thinner )

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland