first of all, sorry if the title is a bit confusing. can't find proper words for this

question is, can we add our own folder (symlink-ed to somewhere) to N900's stock file manager's start page (the first page when you open file manager. wish I can call it as root folder, but unfortunately it might be misleading with the real "root" path)
no I don't wanna use Filebox, MC or other 3rd party apps

I was thinking of this because I want my stock file manager to be able to access beyond /home/user/MyDocs, and I find that this is possible, but not directly on file manager
I happened to open Grsync, and put path to somewhere beyond MyDocs, and whenever I clicked on its 'browse' button, voila, there goes a stock file browser pointing to other path beyond MyDocs, and I'm pretty sure that they're using the same back-end as the stock file manager
so there must be a way so I can navigate from the file manager. and the most suitable solution that I can think of is, mount another folder (as virtual device?) so that I can start navigating from the start page

I've looked at osso-usb-mount.sh, because I found out that if a microsd get installed, it will be 'mounted' to the file manager as well, but if you just mount it manually to /media/mmc1, it's not shown up in file manager, but still can't figure a way out

any idea is greatly appreciated. thanks

PS. sorry for the long rambling. I just can't find out shorter words without making it ambiguous

Last edited by figaro; 2011-02-05 at 04:07.