Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Can't believe nobody posted this yet?
http://aving.net/usa/news/default.as...de=01&SP_Num=0

Not available in US... though...

It will be imported into the US by Dynamism with price TBA but "under $900", see everun. The claimed battery life is impressive, and the option to have both a 6GB SSD and a 60 GB HDD is a first in a UMPC - as is the offset keypad.

Although it comes with Windows XP it can probably be made to run under Linux. The primary issues for Linux would probably be the touch screen and the keypad. This is the kind of device that is crying out for an "official" Linux build, even if it was only available as a download from the Raon web site.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
I noticed too the long battery time... And that is on a 600MHz X86 processor! Because of that, it shouldn't be too big problem to port some linux distros and apps to this with minimal effort.

While the width and height appear good size, the device is little bit thick... maybe the battery is to blame?

Did anyone figure out how the "optical mouse" on this thing works? You supposed to slide your thumb on the reader and the pointer will move, I assume?

Lol, in the picture with the antenna-like thing sticking out of it, it takes on the demeanor of an 80's walkie-talkie.

Originally Posted by Drewvt View Post
Lol, in the picture with the antenna-like thing sticking out of it, it takes on the demeanor of an 80's walkie-talkie.
Uhh, that's the stylus.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

still too frickin huge.

Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
Uhh, that's the stylus.
I was saying it looked like it could have been an antenna (in the 80's), not that it is one.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
The price at the website cited is about $700. I guess that's for delivery in Seoul.

It weighs about twice what the Nokia Internet Tablets weigh, has the same 800x480 pixels but a larger screen.

As mentioned in another thread, being able to run TTS apps already available for Windows is a big advantage over our Linux tablet.

Originally Posted by Drewvt View Post
I was saying it looked like it could have been an antenna (in the 80's), not that it is one.
Ahh, read it with the wrong inflection.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.