Notices

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Perth, WA
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
you're absolutly right.
It's the best browser for the n900 except the thing it links me to all those mobile sites.

could it be possible to patch the available version to use another user agent?
Maybe hexedit some file...

Originally Posted by mesho123
hello all ...

i have small problem ... when using Opera Mobile 11 and opining site such as : Facebook.com it's appears in mobile view mod(m.facebook.com) . but it's shouldn't ...

note : i'm sure about setting about mobile view mod it's off in my setting .
Came across these posts whilst looking for a way to get flash going in Opera on my N900. Anyone know?

Anyway, for the facebook mobile redirection, and other mobile redirections ... well I have one solution. There is the capability to change the user agent in the opera:config page, however the "Mobi" and "Maemo" strings remain, which is all facebook seems to need to send you to m.facebook.com/

But NightShift is right, a bit of hex editing can work around this.
Go to /opt/opera/bin and make a copy of the opera binary in case you mess it up. Then use a program like hexedit (available on N900) to edit the binary. Search for Mobi and Maemo and replace them with something or blank them out. I replaced "Mobi" with "Arse" and "Maemo" with all spaces. Then try it out.

If the hex editor seems like a hassle then drop to an xterm on the phone and run the following commands -

Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install rdiff
mv /opt/opera/bin/opera /opt/opera/bin/opera.orig
rdiff patch /opt/opera/bin/opera.orig opera.rpatch /opt/opera/bin/opera
chmod 755 /opt/opera/bin/opera
Where opera.rpatch is the file in the zip I attached to this post, then you too will have "Arse" in your user agent and facebook will allow you to get to the normal site

To get rdiff you'll need extras-devel enabled.
Attached Files
File Type: zip opera.rpatch.zip (1.1 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by david.hicks; 2011-10-02 at 18:10. Reason: fix opera paths

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to david.hicks For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by david.hicks View Post
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install rdiff
mv /opt/bin/opera /opt/bin/opera.orig
rdiff patch /opt/bin/opera.orig opera.rpatch /opt/bin/opera
chmod 755 /opt/bin/opera
Thx!! One thing: for me the path to the binary is /opt/opera/bin/opera

But still the user agent with ID 3 contains:
Code:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Linux armv7l; ; Opera Arse/9; de) Opera 11.00
For example the german newspaper www.spiegel.de still redirects to the mobile version ml.spiegel.de.
Maybe its because of 'armv71'?

The Following User Says Thank You to whisk4s For This Useful Post:
if anyone want change opera user-agent:
1)go to opera:config
2)search word "user"
3)scroll to "spoof user agent id" and set:
- 1 = Opera
- 2 = Mozilla
- 3 = Internet Explorer
Site-specific values:
- 4 = Mozilla, Opera not mentioned
- 5 = Internet Explorer, Opera not mentioned

4)restart opera
i used "2" and work fine now but the 1st time I try didn't work.
if don't work the 1st time you can try:
-go to opera:config again
-set "user js storage quota" on 1
-close opera
-go to config again
-set again "spoof user agent"
-close and restart opera

it's work fine for me

someone asked for url filter: i see it in config under network (if you set search-word "user" you should find it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tig3r81 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by tig3r81 View Post
2)search word "user"
- 1 = Opera
- 2 = Mozilla
- 3 = Internet Explorer
Site-specific values:

4)restart opera
-close opera
-go to config again
-close and restart opera

it's work fine for me

someone asked for url filter: i see it in config under network (if you set search-word "user" you should find it.
I found that setting before, and it wasn't persistent. I f*cked up my profile anyway (all page content was displayed linearly, like without tables) so started over. This time i saved it two times and it keeps the setting.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
sounds like mobile view got activated.

changing agent to IE didn't work - facebook for example still redirects you to m.facebook

Originally Posted by whisk4s View Post
Thx!! One thing: for me the path to the binary is /opt/opera/bin/opera

But still the user agent with ID 3 contains:
Code:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Linux armv7l; ; Opera Arse/9; de) Opera 11.00
For example the german newspaper www.spiegel.de still redirects to the mobile version ml.spiegel.de.
Maybe its because of 'armv71'?

You are quite correct, I got the path wrong in my post there. I'll try to edit it in a moment.

I also get redirected on spiegel.de, you might be right about the arm stuff. So long as you have a copy of the original opera binary in case you stuff anything up, may be worth hacking around with a hex editor and replacing some more strings?

Originally Posted by tig3r81 View Post
2)search word "user"
- 1 = Opera
- 2 = Mozilla
- 3 = Internet Explorer
Site-specific values:

4)restart opera
-close opera
-go to config again
-close and restart opera

it's work fine for me

I can see that this does change the user agent, but it still didn't stop facebook and some other sites redirecting me to the mobile pages, which is why I got out the hex editor. Specifically, whichever one of those settings I tried, the Strings "Maemo" and "Mobi" were still present, which seemed to be enough.

http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ is a useful site for playing with this stuff.

The Following User Says Thank You to david.hicks For This Useful Post:
On the UA string:
Think the compatible and IE8.0 bits aren't necessary - try the Firefox mobile UA string without the "Fennec" bit but with "Opera" instead. Any good? I find the edited Fennec string works for most things in microB.

General feedback:
Getting to really like it as a general browser. Seriously quick. A few liveable-with bugs like funny behaviour when using textareas (e.g. now!) but nothing drastic.
Main to need to use another browser is absence of video - doesn't have to be flash but more html5 would be nice. Unfortunately when I tried youtube's html5 test, all parts failed - did I have the settings incorrect? There's no tablet linux armv7l version that could be run in EasyDebian, is there? I could only see desktop versions.

Good job getting Opera on Maemo. Long may it continue! Thank you.

Hi Everyone,

Long time no see. I'm happy to tell you that Opera Mobile 11.5 for Maemo is now on it's way into the extras repository.

See the Opera Mobile blog for a list of new things in the 11.1 and 11.5 versions (not everything applies to Maemo though).

Specific to this version is a few new keyboard shortcuts:

CTRL-E Activate search box
CTRL-I Zoom in
CTRL-O Zoom out
CTRL-B Go back in history
CTRL-F Go forward in history
CTRL-S Stop loading page
CTRL-R Reload page

Enjoy!

/ohrn

P.S.
For all you user agent changers, there is a new easy to use option in the advanced settings to mask as desktop Opera.

Last edited by ohrn; 2011-10-12 at 08:59.

The Following 86 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
aanckar, ade, adhrie, Agent 770, ahmadamaj, Alfred, Ayle, Betrayal, bipinbn, bitrocky, Blaizzen, br1zer, carbonjha, casketizer, cincibluer6, Cue, D.Cent, Dancairo, datjomp, demolition, deryo, dsawhney, eber42, ednunez70, excelar8, Fatumiasty, fw190, heavyt, HELLASISGREECE, HtheB, hxka, ivgalvez, J4ZZ, JamesBond@ge, jhb, JimKnopf, Joseph9560, jurop88, Keneraali, kolos, Kroll, lidow, lma, maacruz, MaddogG, MartinK, maximilian1st, Mentalist Traceur, MetalGearSolid, MiK546, Milhouse, momcilo, mscion, n9ots, Netweaver, Nozu, P@t, pantera1989, peterleinchen, Petteri, philheaton, Pigro, PMaff, prankster, psychologe, reinob, RobbH, Roth, Russe89, sakya, sbock, shadowjk, Sphinx780, steven676, Stonik, systemcrash, tissot, Transcend, travla, tso, turbovomit, vetsin, whisk4s, zamorph, zdanee, zeljkobo12

Tags
fast browser, opera