Active Topics

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
After playing with the N800 few months, I have come into conclusion that my particular N800 has some issues that makes it corrupting the memory card.

At the moment I'm using 4GB SD card (non-SDHC) in internal slot. I has become in read only mode multiple times, after which I have plugged it into memory card reader and fixed it with Windows disk check tool. After that when it is plugged back to N800 it works fine... for a while.

This corruption problem happened also with my 1GB RS-MMC card (from my previous 770) when used in N800. I never had any problems with this card on 770.

I know that if you remove the card when it is in use can cause this. Therefore during the past couple months I have been extremely careful when removing the card. I'd say that the care I'm using is now well beyond the care an average user should be expected to have...

The question is that anyone else experiencing this? Should I send my N800 to Nokia for repair? As said, I never had ANY problems like this with my previous 770 and now with this N800 this corruption problem has become nightmare...

Last edited by Mara; 2007-05-04 at 14:20.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Please search the forum before posting a new thread:When the Maemo Bug Tracker is back up, pleas post your issues there:

https://maemo.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1204

We must convince the developers that this is a real issue!

Thanks!
Tim

SAme problem here with a 2 GB transcend card in external slot, corrupted by maemo-mapper. Maybe is the app, maybe the device.

timsamoff: Thanks for linking the other threads. I did remember this being discussed in some threads (I even posted in some of them).

I thought it was a good idea to have new post with a title clearly saying corrupting... this is what actually happens. No? If more votes come to close this thread I can try to close it.

And anyway it doesn't hurt to have more visibility to this problem...

Last edited by Mara; 2007-05-04 at 14:21.

Just added my comments to this bug and voted for it.