Posts: 12 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Taiwan
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
For sure will be interesting, but I don't see how it can help us out of the mess that is international shipping, when even UPS for example refuses to ship to private address in Russia.
Oh, I am kinda surprised to that. I had ordered a video game from GameStop many years ago. And they just use UPS to ship to my home address.

I am living in Taiwan, but what is the differences exactly?

The Following User Says Thank You to darkranger For This Useful Post:
With the news of the preorder is going to close off soon, can I 'preserve' my order or I just can't be in the first batch? Assuming that there would be a second I don't mind, but.

The Following User Says Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
For sure will be interesting, but I don't see how it can help us out of the mess that is international shipping, when even UPS for example refuses to ship to private address in Russia.
This might be incorrect, as the article you've linked few posts ago (about shipping to private address in russia) is FUD, for all what it takes. Check comments there - in one of the first ones, someone stated how the regulations looks like (about sum free of tax, etc).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
This might be incorrect, as the article you've linked few posts ago (about shipping to private address in russia) is FUD, for all what it takes. Check comments there - in one of the first ones, someone stated how the regulations looks like (about sum free of tax, etc).

/Estel
I'm NOT going to check anything anywhere, since I got definitely other domain of competence and other tasks to do. I just can tell you that we seen exactly this problem with shipping to Russian private addr some 2 or 3 years ago, and again a week ago, reported by Russian users ordering random stuff to import to Russia.

How about YOU setting up a worldwide delivery service?

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-01-17 at 19:42.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
How about YOU setting up a worldwide delivery service?
That was exactly the spirit of my post on the previous page. Does N separate donations of 100+ EUR from the same person translate to receiving N devices by said person? Seems obvious but life has taught me it's better to make assumptions explicit.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
One 100+ donation -> one device on preorder counter. Simple as that. What else should we do? Reject since "only one device per person"? I think I already stated that customers who are interested in multiple devices please do multiple donations. I also stated that currently the addr asked for during donation is only for verifying the CC data - and to assure we don't accept "preorders" from locations we don't (yet) know how to later on ship to, since that wouldn't be exactly honest, no? Anyway you will be able to specify a different shipping addr on your final order.

/j

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Please read!

This post was first written in April 2014.
As of writing this update in May 2015, the Neo900 project is 6 months late and 40% over the budget, with no end in sight. In light of that, I would not feel comfortable to offer support to any new customers.

My existing clients are not affected. I feel a moral obligation to anyone who has used my services thus far and I feel bound to them by the T&Cs outlined below.

Thanks Jörg and sorry to bother you with silly questions, but this is quite an important and risky step that I am embarking on so one can never be careful enough.

Ladies and gentlemen, a worldwide shipping is open!

I am happy to serve as a proxy for Neo900 preorders from "unsupported" countries. I do it as a service for this project (to hopefully boost the preorder numbers) and to this community. I intend to remain cash neutral, i.e. I do NOT want to make money on it, but nor do I want to lose too much. Please read the T&C below and we will take it from there.

I would also welcome if the OP updated the first post of this thread to include a link to this post.

Terms and Conditions

Please read the following carefully. I appreciate it is rather long but it is crucial that we both understand what we get ourselves into. This service is based, and depends heavily, on mutual trust. A potentially substantial amount of money is involved, as well as a significant element of risk for both parties, and I would really prefer not to proceed if either of us has even the slightest doubt about any aspect of the operation.

1. You make the first step by PM me. Requests through this thread will not be taken into account. I reserve a full right to check your details as well as details about shipping to your specific destination and veto any request. I reserve a time of 7 (seven) days for this process.

2. PayPal or international bank transfer only. Once details are clear and approved, I kindly request that you send your funds to my PayPal or bank account. Once the money is received, I will forward it immediately as a donation to the Neo900 project on your behalf.

3. I live in the UK and my finances are held in Pounds Sterling. Neo900 receives donations/preorders in Euros. Due to daily currency rate fluctuations and the time international monetary operations take, a small amount of money may be lost or gained between the time you send the money, I receive it and the Neo900 team receives it. I will provide full transparency of the cash flow but cannot be held responsible for these small losses or gains. Consequently, I kindly request that you add a 10 to 20% margin to make sure that €100 or more reaches the Neo900 team even after a double conversion.

4. Details of further payments depend on the Neo900 project (the final balance) and your country (the postage costs). I will charge only what the carrier charges me. In most cases, the carrier will be Royal Mail who provides a transparent postage cost calculator so you can easily verify the cost.

5. Finished devices will be shipped to you in the order in which I received donations from you.

6. Packages will be shipped by international tracked post. In some cases the tracking applies along the whole way, but in most cases it ends at the UK border. Sorry, there is not much I can do about it, but at least you will know that it has left the UK.

7. Delivery times depend hugely on the destination country. As an example, I know from personal experience that private shipping to Russia or parts of Moldova may take well in excess of 60 (sixty) days.

8. IMPORTANT! Customs, import tax and other issues are the recipient's responsibility. The package may be held on the entry to your country until you pay all applicable taxes and other fees. I am not a tax entity and cannot take the VAT off before shipping to non-EU countries, where local taxes may apply. That means that it is quite likely that you will end up paying much more than what you would if you were on the "supported countries" list. Please be aware of that.

9. It has been announced that the preorder window may close at some time, although it has not been announced when this would be. This offer applies only while the window is open, but I am a private entity and do not have the capacity to handle hundreds of requests so I may close the offer sooner.

Last edited by pichlo; 2015-05-06 at 16:03.

The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I would also welcome if the OP updated the first post of this thread to include a link to this post..
Done.

Can you please leave another contact, as TMO newbie, I still can't PM.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Pichlo,
respect! That's a really great spirit you're demonstrating here. Whatever support you need, just ping me and/or Nikolaus, we will see how we can help. We explicitly welcome this initiative, though for obvious reasons we can't take any charge and responsibility for it.
This isn't yet checked back with Nikolaus, but I think I already can assure you that no problems of any kind are 'invented' at our side - may it be validity of warranty or whatever. Just one thing: we will probably not be able to handle shipping of repair returns just like we don't know how to ship the original device. Also make sure to later on clearly mention the destination country where the device is meant to get used, so we can verify the right RF configuration for you.
BTW: For money transfer there's not even a need to forward the amount via Pichlo, you just can fill the order form and put Pichlo's addr to the shipping address fields. Same goes for later final order. For CreditCard and for PayPal however, it's probably necessary that Pichlo forwards the amount to us.
And please make sure we receive the mail address of end customer, for the pending poll about which product variants you want to order later on. Unless Pichlo wants to forward our mails to the customers and vice versa.

Many thanks!
cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-01-18 at 04:18.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DDark View Post
Done.
Thanks! Much appreciated.

Can you please leave another contact, as TMO newbie, I still can't PM.
I've been thinking about that. It is always risky to publicly advertise your email address (spam harvesters etc.) although there are ways around that (e.g. use a format useless for bots but readable by humans). However, after a bit more thought I decided against that for two reasons:

1. To help me with the expected volume of requests, I really prefer to keep all the communication in one place and TMO seems like the best place suitable.

2. Members who are too new to be able to PM me are also difficult to check (see point 1 in my T&Cs), so that restriction is actually quite useful as a kind of pre-filter. Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh but please try to see it from my perspective: would YOU want to deal with the hassle of handling other people's money, sending packages to far away lands and resolve potential warranty returns for a complete stranger, nota bene one that turns up out of nowhere?

The preorder window isn't closing just yet so I can recommend members who are two new to PM to wait a bit and collect a few more points.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, shipping