Active Topics

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Could somebody write a tutorial about patching & cross-compiling the openmode kernel + additional modules? I think it will be useful to get more people into kernel hacking. I am certainly willing to give it a try!

P.S. I just noticed that ip_tables seems to be loaded on my n9 by default (at least it's shown in lsmod). Is it a crippled version of ip_tables, or what?

Also, if somebody could post a tutorial I would try to compile the following modules along with the kernel:
Code:
fuse
nfs
Also, USB hostmode would be nice

Last edited by YavkatA; 2012-03-14 at 17:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YavkatA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
its mean kernel-power for n9?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@YavkatA, iptables when trying to write nat data saying: there are no nat table in iptables))
@ibrakalifa, hoping yes))

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Both fuse and nfs are already on the stock kernel!

re USB host, doc warned that improper manipulation of certain settings with bme active could cause damage

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Nieldk any updates about the NAT open kernel?? i hope you get sucess because i am afraid if you don't get this done, No one will. you are the only person with enough knowledge working on this NAT thing,

if you don't get success another thing we could do is use inception or the standar open kernel to run debian in a chroot and we can do the pentesting from there, it is not ideal do the pentesting virtualizating debian but at least is something

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
I've been struggling to get my bluetooth keyboard to work with the n9 - fn keys don't work. It needs the hid_apple module to work properly. Thus, I want to compile a kernel with
Code:
CONFIG_HID_APPLE=y
and nieldk's openmode patch from this post

However, when I try to patch the kernel with the patch command I get:
Code:
patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input.
I neeed a tutorial to properly compile the kernel. If you are willing to help, please PM me or post a tutorial.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by YavkatA View Post
I've been struggling to get my bluetooth keyboard to work with the n9 - fn keys don't work. It needs the hid_apple module to work properly. Thus, I want to compile a kernel with
Code:
CONFIG_HID_APPLE=y
and nieldk's openmode patch from this post

However, when I try to patch the kernel with the patch command I get:
Code:
patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input.
I neeed a tutorial to properly compile the kernel. If you are willing to help, please PM me or post a tutorial.
please look at javispedros answer when it comes to compiling modules, here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...02&postcount=8
first, you set the option to compile module wrong, to compile as a module. the line needs to be set like this
Code:
CONFIG_HID_APPLE=m
that will create a .ko module that can be insmodded. however, because it is not compiled with my kernel, it may fail because if version mismatch. Look at the post from javispedro on page one that I linked to.

Last edited by nieldk; 2012-03-27 at 06:16.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by -Tyler- View Post
Nieldk any updates about the NAT open kernel?? i hope you get sucess because i am afraid if you don't get this done, No one will. you are the only person with enough knowledge working on this NAT thing,

if you don't get success another thing we could do is use inception or the standar open kernel to run debian in a chroot and we can do the pentesting from there, it is not ideal do the pentesting virtualizating debian but at least is something
still on that task, but no success so far, needs to figure out a good way to compile modules that will work with insmod, on any openmode kernel version. Javispedro hinted on the issue, so It should be doable.
but no good news as for now.
Also decelopment slowed down a bit from my side because of work ... had a ver good long time to work with this because of a broken leg, but now Iam back in normal job situation.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Starting this thread, as the open mode/Aegis thread got flooded.
3 suggestions / questions.

1. In order for this to be a kernel-hacking thread: Could you keep the first post up-to-date with the newest kernel-patch diff? I found this (yours).

And maybe link to the other kernel-patches out there (joergw's who got it from who?).

2. There is CreamyGoodness who compiled modules (overclocking). Maybe that helps you? here. Oh, he compiled against the stock kernel. Thats not your league, I guess.

3. Do you know the steps to go on with openmode? A link to how-to-handle openmode (which .aegis directories to delete) would help me.
EDIT: javispedro told me, no aegisfs dirs have to be deleted . My openmode works flawlessly so far.

Appreciations and thanks.

Last edited by unphysicalix; 2012-04-06 at 06:08.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
check it
http://www.joikusoft.com/GPL/
Joikuspot bouncer kernel module for NAT

thanks to brkn

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post: