I’m a web developer, working in proven digital soft, India. Lot of websites I saw a w3c (The World Wide Web Consortium) icon on the bottom of the page, I went to that website and submitted my url for approval, I got 20 errors all simple errors like a semicolon missing, My first question is why w3c website is so hard? But I also saw lot of websites having that icon still have errors on their page. Shall I also put the icon in my website. Another question is whether putting w3c icon in my web page helps me to gain page rank or increase in visitors?

Last edited by andrewking; 2007-08-14 at 06:21.

Originally Posted by andrewking View Post
I’m a web developer, working in proven digital soft, India. Lot of websites I saw a w3c (The World Wide Web Consortium) icon on the bottom of the page, I went to that website and submitted my url for approval, I got 20 errors all simple errors like a semicolon missing, My first question is why w3c website is so hard? But I also saw lot of websites having that icon still have errors on their page. Shall I also put the icon in my website. Another question is whether putting w3c icon in my web page helps me to gain page rank or increase in visitors?
guide me....

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Edmonton, Canada
It depends, do you want to lie to your visitors about being w3c compliant?

Also, I don't think that the logo does anything to increase traffic, though you may show up on a list somewhere as a w3c compliant website.

From w3c.org
W3C's mission is:

To lead the World Wide Web to its full potential by developing protocols and guidelines that ensure long-term growth for the Web.
They won't dilute their brand by approving sites that don't meet their guidelines. Maybe you should just fix your errors (since they're all simple anyway) and re-apply. In fact you probably could have fixed them in the time it took you to start this thread.

~Dave

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Originally Posted by WasabiHot View Post
Maybe you should just fix your errors (since they're all simple anyway) and re-apply. In fact you probably could have fixed them in the time it took you to start this thread.
And although there's a large techy audience here, I wonder exactly when this became a web developer forum.