Notices

How do you replace the icon on the left w/Tear (and by extension make Tear the default browser)?

edit: I realize it's probably in the other thread, but as has been mentioned, it's pretty long. :/

Last edited by dick-richardson; 2009-04-25 at 02:39.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
iinstall tear-bookmarks, then head to control panel, panels, uncheck web, check tear. tap ok.

but it will not make it default for local pages or other programs trying to open pages...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
messed around a bit by throwng a simple html file, that loads 7 different screenshot png files, at tear.

it loaded nice and quick, so i suspect webkit is maybe trying to do to many things when loading more complex files online...

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
Some initial observations from my end:

- Tear's primary UI no longer seems to play nice with the LCARS theme. Viewport + toolbar now overlap the theme borders at the right and at the bottom screen edges by a few pixels.This results in a pretty broken overall appearance.

- The option manager tableview seems to use hard-coded field background colors that only play well with black/dark text. The LCARS themes use a fairly bright UI text color as they use a black UI background, however. In other words, the options tableview is almost unreadable here.

- Tear overwrote my userstyles.css on install that contains the important rules to work around the black-on-black problem with input fields and textareas on websites when using the LCARS theme. It would be cool if future releases could avoid overwriting userstyles.css. IMO Tear should write its default rules to that file on startup when it's non-existant or empty, and otherwise leave it untouched, rather than shipping the file with the .deb as I guess is the case now.

Last edited by Sho; 2009-04-25 at 06:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
Took some screenshots showing the problems:

Tear overlapping theme borders: http://imagebin.org/46857
By contrast, MicroB looking as intended: http://imagebin.org/46856

Options manager: http://imagebin.org/46858

I also just crashed Tear by opening the dashboard from the popup menu on the right-hand end of the toolbar. I cannot reproduce it so far, however.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by dick-richardson View Post
and by extension make Tear the default browser)
TBH, Maemo doesn't really have a "default" browser. I (and I'm sure many others are guilty) hardcode programs I'm working on to launch the browser via the browser D-Bus call.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Sorry about the zoom buttons but i've changed the activation and probably forgot them.

Did not see this new thread so i paste here what i posted in the other thread here, the scrollling speed is awesome and the option added feature oh' how great, can the default fonts be changed without affecting anything? thanks Bondyo for this good work. and True-J and Bongo and Qole and others helping you have done a good job can't thank you guys enough.

Last edited by Un27Pee; 2009-04-25 at 09:22.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I just doubled the two font-size settings. It changed only some fonts. For example, none of the small text on this page was changed:

http://www.sci-tech-today.com/story....d=12100CEDQS9H

On the Google homepage, the little links along the top left stay small, while my Google log-in name and the "Google Search" button get huge.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Berkshire
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Sorry about the zoom buttons but i've changed the activation and probably forgot them.
Yes, it looks good apart from that. How soon will a fix be available for this? I'm getting old, and don't always have my reading glasses, so zoom is absolutely essential for me.

Tags
browserd fix, microb killer, webkit