Notices

epage, thanks so much for your work on this, especially the SMS!

I've been making a rudimentary SMS notifier which piggybacks off of your code and blinks the LED, but I ran into a permissions error when calling my python script from alarmd, and the problem was with '.gv_cookies.txt'.

I looked for this file but it doesn't exist, so I'm wondering if this line in gv_backend.py is correct?
Code:
cookieFile = os.path.join(os.path.expanduser("~"), ".gv_cookies.txt")
I changed it to:
Code:
cookieFile = os.path.join(os.path.expanduser("~"), ".dialcentral/gv_cookies.txt")
and everything works but I wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any side-effects.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to addisjon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by addisjon View Post
epage, thanks so much for your work on this, especially the SMS!

I've been making a rudimentary SMS notifier which piggybacks off of your code and blinks the LED, but I ran into a permissions error when calling my python script from alarmd, and the problem was with '.gv_cookies.txt'.

I looked for this file but it doesn't exist, so I'm wondering if this line in gv_backend.py is correct?
Code:
I changed it to:
Code:
cookieFile = os.path.join(os.path.expanduser("~"), ".dialcentral/gv_cookies.txt")
and everything works but I wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any side-effects.
Note that the code in gv_backend.py is:
Code:
		if cookieFile is None:
May seem kind of weird, but I wanted the backends unaware of the associated app, including default parameters. If you want to reuse my cookie file, the code for where I build the path is actually in dc_glade.py, which then passes it into the gv backend __init__.

Congrats on working on this! A lot of people will be happy.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I had to downgrade to 0.97 to get Grandcentral to work. Please use the code from 0.97 for us old school Grandcentral users...

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Why havent you upgraded...just wondering?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I just wanted to chime in and say "Thanks" for your hard work.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
I had to downgrade to 0.97 to get Grandcentral to work. Please use the code from 0.97 for us old school Grandcentral users...
Sorry about that. I specifically tested Grandcentral support for Canadians (hint: thats why some haven't upgraded) and others, but I guess there are differences between the GC page before and after the upgrade that made my testing invalid.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Huh, I was hoping there would be an obvious difference between the versions but there isn't. I also tested and at least am able to login and do some stuff in my account. Are you able to provide any further details, maybe running it from the command line and getting me the debug output?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
munky261: Google Voice only works in the US, Grandcentral works in Canada too.

epage: Logging in takes a couple of tries, and when I do log in, the account phone number doesn't show up (there's some HTML code instead), and the callback number doesn't work. (there's an error about the number being invalid). Everything seems to work under 0.97 however...

Last edited by qole; 2009-06-14 at 00:59.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by bg4 View Post
1.0 is hanging on my N810

after upgrading to google voice I can no longer dial out.

put in 7 digit number - hit dial and nothing.

same thing using gc login

any help?
1) Try to log into your grandcentral or google voice account. you have to do it once before it work.
2) Did you enter the correct call back number?
3) I have to repeatedly clear the acct and type it in, and clear and type it in for several time...
4) once activated, upon 1st dial, they will ask for permission to use the acct.

I had quite a bit of trouble to go thru after my upgrade.

It does work after some struggling.

bun

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Qole: OK...forgot about that. lol