Active Topics

Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
a short question. is it possible to install meego on my n900 without SDcard? (replacing maemo) if yes, how can i do that?
This is just in case no one else answers you.

Off the top of my head, I would say yes. You would start by repartitioning the emmc. If that's over your head, I would stop there, otherwise, the rest should be obvious. The big unknown for me is whether or not the uboot we're all using could be made to boot off a partition on the emmc. Naively, I don't see why not. Worst case, hopefully, someone would just have to tweak the uboot code.

But when push comes to shove, a >= 2 GB class 6-or-better SD card is the best way to go.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
a short question. is it possible to install meego on my n900 without SDcard? (replacing maemo) if yes, how can i do that?
The wiki has all the info: http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900#Installing_MeeGo_on_N900

In short, it is not recommended.. but has detailed instructions.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
The wiki has all the info: http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900#Installing_MeeGo_on_N900

In short, it is not recommended.. but has detailed instructions.
I would use a memory card since those have better performance than emmc (class >= 6).

Here's the filesystem performance test results
http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/QA/Pe...lesystem_tests

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Had a time to test the latest daily image:
mg-handset-armv7nhl-n900-de-acceptance-1.1.99.6.20110511.5.DE.2011-05-13.1-mmcblk0p.raw.bz2
The "official" test report is here:
http://qa-reports.meego.com/1.2/Hand...tion/N900/2699

Well, it looks even better than some days before. The graphical theme has changed and now it is possible to send&recieve SMS's. There are now profiles (ringing, silent, loud etc) It is possible to make and receive calls. Overall - it gets better and better

In the negative side:
1. included videos don't play
2. Image viewer and music player does not show any files although they are present
3. It is possible to add initially no more than 2 contacts (the third one etc simply replaces the last one). Workaround is to close the "People" after adding a contact and then start it again for the next one.
4. In the sms creation window using the virtual keyboard the text input field is out of the view - you have to type blind.
5. Estonian localisation is missing although we are just less than 100 km south of Finland And our timezone is located between Eritrea and Ethiopia

Keep up good work

Last edited by acrux; 2011-05-13 at 20:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
* PasswordManager

Store passwords/pincodes in phone encrypted ofcourse. I havent seen any good in Maemo atm?
I like a password manager that can share the same data format with my handheld and also my desktop. That makes it easier to pass the same file of passwords between devices. I use KeePass on the desktop, so I would love KeePass on a handheld device (with a handheld-friendly interface). But in Maemo5 I know there is Password Safe. For Diablo/OS2008 there is PasswordSafe, Personal password manager, and TrustMe (which has the ability to convert between KeePass and its format via a separate utility).

can someone explain how to dualboot with powerkernelv47 and meego?
uboot is conflicting with powerkernel

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
hello i tried in my nokia n900

meego 1.2 developer edition latest version 14 may 2011
1.1.99.7.20110512.3.DE.2011-05-14.1

- runs slow

- the camera is not 720p and theory in meego if that could be done

- Get GSM coverage but if this sounds low and I have not even take the call

- you can not up-down volume goes white graphic bug

- wifi works

-music sounds very low

-and other languages not available

i tried it 15 minutes and i saw it

Last edited by samipower; 2011-05-14 at 20:11.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Again tried the latest daily image:
mg-handset-armv7nhl-n900-de-acceptance-1.1.99.7.20110516.2.DE.2011-05-19.1-mmcblk0p.raw.bz2
However, the strange thing is that the test report: http://qa-reports.meego.com/1.2/Hand...tion/N900/2759 says that it is possible to answer a call but in my case it was impossible to launch a dialer application at all, at incoming call only the display lighted up but there was no ringtone playing and no way to answer the call...

Last edited by acrux; 2011-05-21 at 16:48.

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
dailyDE build (20110520.2 sanity) is looking good!
UI changes to smarten things up a bit.
qmlreddit added to apps
qatbowling added to apps

making and receiving calls ok with incoming call ringing
sending and receiving sms (no incoming sms audible alert)

been using for several hours.

Good to see the screen lock is a bit more responsive. only seems to lag 2-3 times out of 10 now.

wifi connection still a bit flaky. Usually takes a restart to get wifi up after saving WPA key for first time.

Great work and many thanks to the dev team working on this!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
dailyDE build (20110520.2 sanity) is looking good!
UI changes to smarten things up a bit.
qmlreddit added to apps
qatbowling added to apps

making and receiving calls ok with incoming call ringing
sending and receiving sms (no incoming sms audible alert)

been using for several hours.

Good to see the screen lock is a bit more responsive. only seems to lag 2-3 times out of 10 now.

wifi connection still a bit flaky. Usually takes a restart to get wifi up after saving WPA key for first time.

Great work and many thanks to the dev team working on this!
That's funny, I can't get any calls out! How about your contacts, did you get them in your contacts app somehow? How did you do it?

EDIT: Although I'm running 20.1, maybe thats it.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Tags
best thread yet, meegohorny, nokia rox, stupid guys say, we want bada